What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time spent for research isn't "lost" - you need mushrooms, you know you do!!
Ok, I just spent an hour lost in videos on growing mushrooms. Tell me more!

I didn't want to seem out of control. I have already demonstrated that with wine. I didn't even mention the half hour searching for equipment and supplies. :rolleyes:

Well... I just lost an hour on growing mushroom videos.

If you have info or pictures you want to share I would appreciate it. Looks fun and interesting.
I got spawn from North Spore, they have a very informative site. Here are the logs with holes drilled and spawn plugs inserted but not hammered home. I don't know how long it will take to start producing but once it does they should produce off and on for several years.20240304_091025.jpg20240304_092552.jpg

Today was my first harvest and my Hydro garden, small but abundant there is cilantro and basil and time cool
My employees got together and bought me a Gardyn 3.0 for my birthday. It's a vertical hydroponic growing system with 3 tiers of 10 pods each. Everything germinated so now I'm waiting for the true leaves to add the nutrients according to the instructions.

My employees got together and bought me a Gardyn 3.0 for my birthday. It's a vertical hydroponic growing system with 3 tiers of 10 pods each. Everything germinated so now I'm waiting for the true leaves to add the nutrients according to the instructions.
I have a garden tower. I love it. The garden isn't quite as exciting in the spring because I don't feel as deprived of flavor rich vegetables, but that's my worst complaint. Herbs grow like mad in these things. Basil leaves bigger than my hand! I freeze large freezer bags full of basil and parsley and use it as needed.

You're gonna have fun!

I got spawn from North Spore, they have a very informative site. Here are the logs with holes drilled and spawn plugs inserted but not hammered home. I don't know how long it will take to start producing but once it does they should produce off and on for several years.View attachment 110674View attachment 110675
Well, that looks like even more fun than the indoor growing videos I was watching. I am going to have to look into that.

Thanks for sharing.

Watching flies die of boredom..
and seeing that my peach, plum, pear trees are in full bloom,
elderberries are starting to leaf out,
please no frost i pray'''
Dawg

It's March 5th. I know I've seen snow on St. Patricks Day and almost always a frost before the end of March. If I was a betting man, I would put money on Mid-Mo and by extension the bootheel getting some frost.

I have a garden tower. I love it. The garden isn't quite as exciting in the spring because I don't feel as deprived of flavor rich vegetables, but that's my worst complaint. Herbs grow like mad in these things. Basil leaves bigger than my hand! I freeze large freezer bags full of basil and parsley and use it as needed.

You're gonna have fun!
Most of what came with it were leafy products for salads. It would be nice if I could have fresh salads all year long.

Most of what came with it were leafy products for salads. It would be nice if I could have fresh salads all year long.
I plant chard, spinach, and a few leafy lettuces and they all end up in salads. I don't plant greens in the garden anymore.

No bugs, dirt, or half eaten leaves to worry about.

I got spawn from North Spore, they have a very informative site. Here are the logs with holes drilled and spawn plugs inserted but not hammered home. I don't know how long it will take to start producing but once it does they should produce off and on for several years.View attachment 110674View attachment 110675
Well I checked out the North Spore site and a voice in my head was screaming "NO!NO!NO!"
Bookmarked.
Voice saying "Maybe..."

Watching flies die of boredom..
and seeing that my peach, plum, pear trees are in full bloom,
elderberries are starting to leaf out,
please no frost i pray'''
Dawg
I know how you feel, Dawg!
The forsythia haven't flowered yet. We ALWAYS have snow after they bloom. It may not stick, but it comes down.

Back