What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled several cases today:

2022 2nd Run Zin & Sonoma (amazing… and it has a little nut finish, interesting)

2023 Pecan Caramel Dessert Wine. What is there to say. Omg.

2022 Beet Wine (wonderful… it smells like a dark raspberry but has an earthy flavor and not at all like beets)

2023 Merlot~ this originally tasted like a bit of an overripe fruit, but now… not at all… truly wonderful…

Did you ferment on the chopped beets? I did and the flavor was very intense. It took two years to really lose the beet taste. Most who taste it can’t place the fruit.
I shredded them with a kitchen aid and then boiled the pulp to soften it a bit. I added sugar to 1.090, pectic enzyme, and step fed with Fermaid O and K. I used a starter and I think RC212. I’m sure I used oak in the primary as well. I’ll have to go back and look. I'm fairly certain I did an extended maceration and then let it sit. When I tasted it this summer it still had a bit of a beet taste. Now though, it’s amazing. It is dark raspberry on the nose with a hint of chocolate perhaps. It smells syrupy but then it’s not at all. It’s quite earthy and fairly dry. You wouldn’t know it’s beet wine. Well, I wouldn’t 😂… I do lIke the earthy-ness of it.

Way to go. I’ve been married 41 years, unfortunately it has been to 4 women.😃
Same here. People don't seem to realize it takes time to pick out the right one - gotta try them out. Kinda like buying a new car.
Rolling And Laughing Smiley

Today Tim’s wife and daughter are here to pick up there wines , Carol and Moreen still miss Tom ( the originator of this thread).
For those of you who didn’t know of Tom, here’s a good wine maker and can even better Beer .

Today Tim’s wife and daughter are here to pick up there wines , Carol and Moreen still miss Tom ( the originator of this thread).
For those of you who didn’t know of Tom, here’s a good wine maker and can even better Beer .
I meant TOM , sorry

Latest posts

Back