What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottled 20 cases of our General Braddock wine (a Fredonia/Catawba blend) and 27 cases of our Cranberry Pomegranate wine, when I found out that my printer ribbon had reached its end and we couldn't print anymore labels for the show on Saturday. We made a decision to buy a 6 pack of print cartridges to remedy any future issues with the printer.

On Thursday, we have another 65 gallons of Fredonia, 30 gallons of Concord, 30 of Niagara, 50 Catawbas and 50 Seyval Blancs coming in to fill the tanks. we will have one tank left to unbottle our Tramminette and possibly blend with Julies Tramminette or possibly some Niagara.

Wine show on Saturday....

Which begs the question:

How many Physicist does it take to install laminate flooring......... :)

A: One. (Which I see you anticipated by using the singular in your question! :^)

Q: How many chemists?
A: Unknown. We'll let you know as soon as any attempt it! :)

WAIT, wait, can I change my answer before the exam is over?

Which begs the question:

How many Physicist does it take to install laminate flooring......... :)

A: Three. One to derive the general theory of laminate flooring, one to show that this solution is not actually applicable in all possible cases, and one to install the flooring! :)

pulled up 2 rooms of rug in our summer house. Wifey wanted laminate floors in stead of rugs, ok. I take a day off of work drive 1 1/2 hours to the Cape, buy the laminate lug it up to the second floor. Wife changes her mind, again. Bring the flooring back to the store. Still don't have anything on the floors. Summer is coming quick. Wish she would make up her mind. Did I tell you she wants to replace the cabinets and take down a wall in our house ? Yeah right. Bakervinyard

Spent the day being as supportive of my wife as I imagine I've ever been. She spent the day with her brother sifting (literally) through her Dad's stuff making sure he didn't hide something of value in the rubish (they found a second will at the back of his filing cabinet with the chainsaw manual). I spent the day catching up on laundry (8 loads and counting) making food for tomorrow and cleaning the house. Actually somewhat enjoyed a day off from work, until I got a text late this afternoon directing me to a "rush" problem. New customer that obviously is time management challenged as they took three weeks too long to get us the files yet needed them 3 days quicker. Oh well, nice to feel needed.

Tomorrow promises to be a long day. Planning to get up and feed the kids a big breakfast (not going to eat lunch until 2pm or later, so much for regular meals (great for my two type 1 diabetics)). Looking forward to a nice glass of dry red wine and a leisurely waltz through these forums at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I spent the evening giving a talk at the local library on how to make wine. Whenever I do something like that I try to take some wine for sampling, but the library said no alcohol, so it was a dry night. I did stay a wine kit with them, showing them how to read a hydrometer, mix things, clean and sanitize. On the plus side I got to start a Winexpert Montepulciano. It certainly smelled good. When I got home I tweaked the alcohol up just a bit and added extra tannins. I'll probably add some fruit of some sort this weekend, not sure what, yet.

I pulled weeds around my vines most of the afternoon, then this evening the wife and I went to the local wine bar and as always I tried to guess the grapes on a flight of three red wines. A zinfandel, a cab franc, and a carmenere. I got zero right, nada, zilch. Oh well it was fun and the wines were good.

Latest posts

Back