What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have no wine chores to do and decided to go through my bottles. Found some that just wouldn't come spotlessly clean and ended up doing this with them. ImageUploadedByWine Making1411088343.998243.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1411088362.442398.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1411088379.612498.jpg

"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever." - Aristophanes

My birthday was last week (Sept. 11), so we got together tonight for my family dinner.
Fun! It definitely gets easier with a glass of wine, and as the kids get a bit older :)

Mom did up a fantastic meal of pork tenderloin in fresh herbs, scalloped potatoes, and roasted broccoli with lemon and garlic. Banana splits for dessert :db

Happy Belated Ray!

Yes, as the kids get older, it gets a little easier. Mine are young (7&5), but it is a far cry from when they were 18 months and 3 years!

Matty_Kay stopped over last night to pick up some bottles. He was kind enough to share a bottle of his Chenin Blanc. Very nice crisp wine. We enjoyed that with and after dinner last night.

Need to check the sg of the CA juice today and possibly transfer to carboy. Sunday we will be picking up 8 buckets of PA Juice. I have no idea where I will put them in the cellar....

drinking our own Sweet Diamond tonight followed up by a D&O Blackberry. My house chores are done, so I should be able to bottle the Catawba tomorrow, then off to look at purchasing the assets of a closed winery on Sunday.

Had a great time doing a presentation for the local chapter of American Wine Society tonight. I need to have my head examined doing something like this during harvest.

001.jpg

I sampled the trilogy white from Chile its crystal clear and the taste is awesome no back sweetening for this one its GREAT.

1411232744841.jpg

1411232762676.jpg

1411232818097.jpg

Transferred my 2 buckets of California juice to carboys, cleaned and sanitized about 18 bottles so I can pack them away and made room for the initial 8 buckets of PA juice that I am picking up tomorrow. Let the fermentation begin.

Transferred my 2 buckets of California juice to carboys, cleaned and sanitized about 18 bottles so I can pack them away and made room for the initial 8 buckets of PA juice that I am picking up tomorrow. Let the fermentation begin.

Doug it was great seeing you and the family today. Sorry I could not spend some time with you but I was in the middle of racking 1000 gallons of Niagara and starting the fermentation. You daughter sure is growing up!

Scored 9 six gallon glass carboys for $10 each. Sanitizing more bottles to fill up the bottle trees.

I'm in shock. My sister took my eldest last night over night, and tonight my Parents are taking both kids.

We didn't ask for any care, so I'm totally stunned - and VERY happy to have a bit of down time :)

Cheers!

Doug it was great seeing you and the family today. Sorry I could not spend some time with you but I was in the middle of racking 1000 gallons of Niagara and starting the fermentation. You daughter sure is growing up!

Always good to see you Dan. Andrea is definately growing up. He went to the Freeport for lunch then down to Freeport Beach so she could play for a while. Checked out Blue Iris Winery and Arundel on the way home. Arundel is a beautiful facility...

Bottled 57 bottles of peach and spiced apple. Backsweeted the peach alittle too much and it has a fruit punch vibe now. Oops, lesson learned. Thankfully it was only a DB style wine so I only had maybe $20 invested in it.

Still might be a good desert wine.

Had surgery today to remove foreign object impelled in my finger. Was a rousing success.

Back