What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice color! I'm thinking about a Pumpkin Wine. It's in season!

Pumpkin sounds interesting.... Have you had it before? What is it like? I always think it would be creamy, like a latte. I know it would not be, but I can't wrap my head around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Did 3 presentations at my local public library's Know It All Festival today. It's weekend-long event when people do workshops and presentations on a variety of subjects from legal issues, to zumba, to blacksmithing and everything in between.

Today I did 3 presentations, one on how to make DIY home cleaners (body wash and laundry detergent), extreme couponning, and beginner wine making. It was really great to be able to spread info to others.

Tomorrow I will be hosting the couponning and wind making presentations again in the other location of our county public library.

Its been fun, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks again to all youpeoples to expanding my wine making knowledge, which has allowed me to pass on this great hobby to others.

It is raining and sleeting here today so its a great day to spend in the winery! I bottled 1 carboy of Wine Experts limited edition Shiraz-Cabernet and being a big fan of Apothic Dark wine, i tried my hand at blending something that resembles it. I blended then bottled 6 gallons Petite Syrah, 6 gallons Cabernet Sauvignon, 6 gallons Merlot and 6 gallons Zinfandel. It might be even better than Apothic Dark.

I bottled 6 gallons of white 3 gallons of sherry and 5 gallons of red

No i am drinking my oatmeal sout

my niece got married today, went to the hall after the wedding and the bartender is telling people she can't serve any beer because she doesn't know how to tap keg and can't serve any wine because she has no wine opener! So while my husband is tapping the keg, I'm handing her the bottle opener I carry in my purse! :slp

Mowing lawn, going for a run, finally pitching yeast on the peach wine (it took a while to warm up). Cold temps this morning have me thinking Fall, so I have a turkey breast brining in the fridge for dinner tonight. I'll probably make some bread too.

Mowing lawn, going for a run, finally pitching yeast on the peach wine (it took a while to warm up). Cold temps this morning have me thinking Fall, so I have a turkey breast brining in the fridge for dinner tonight. I'll probably make some bread too.

Yeah, the cold weather probably hit here a day or two before you. So that chuck roast that I was thinking of doing as a 4 to 6 hour BBQ roast on a low-temperature grill became a pot roast! :)

Today looks to be a beautiful fall day. (Problem is, I am not mentally READY for beautiful fall days!) Going to a fine furniture show and a play, so it will be a goooood day.

Last edited:
Busy weekend in the cellar. Started re-organizing and clearing stuff out so that I can get ready for more juice and grapes that will be coming this weekend. Managed to pick up 4 more 6 gallon carboys (Thanks Bill) now I still need to clear off the driveway so I have access to the outside cellar door...

Bottled my Chilean Trilogy white over the weekend and Racked my Blueberry and Peach. Ordered some Italian juice ordering my NY juice today

1412608694928.jpg

1412608716543.jpg

I bottled my montepulciano made from a juice bucket from Tuscany. This was the first wine I made without a kit. I had some trouble with Malolactic fermentation. Not my best effort. The Nero d'Avalo made from a wine expert kit still remains my best red. Next month I bottle my Amarone and the following month my Shiraz Cabernet. Practice makes perfect… I hope

Pitched the yeast on my Pinot Noir grapes. Cleaned some bottles and power washedmy wine press. Oh yeah taking the mrs. out for dinner its our 35th. Anniversary. Time flies when you're having fun. Bakervinyard

Back