What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah taking the mrs. out for dinner its our 35th. Anniversary. Time flies when you're having fun. Bakervinyard

Congrats Baker!

...and the following month my Shiraz Cabernet. Practice makes perfect… I hope��

Is that the WE Limited Release? Mine is napping in the barrel now. I'm looking forward to that one hitting 18 months.

We're going to look at a house tonight. With property. The longer we're in the city, the more we want to get out!

The dream is to have a little house on a nice piece of land, part bush, part field. Start a little organic CSA, raise a pig and a dozen chickens for meat each year, a herd of bees, have a bow range for the hubby, and a 'wine shed' for me - which I keep supplied from my orchard, of course :)

We just need to find the 'right' piece that is close enough to Winnipeg that we can commute for work, at least for the first few years. Then I hope to quit and stay home and run the hobby farm/kids full time.

Dreaming? Maybe. But I like this dream :)

my niece got married today, went to the hall after the wedding and the bartender is telling people she can't serve any beer because she doesn't know how to tap keg and can't serve any wine because she has no wine opener! So while my husband is tapping the keg, I'm handing her the bottle opener I carry in my purse! :slp

I am never without a corkscrew. I would never live it down if I didn't have one.. OH THE EMBARRESSMENT!

We were notified that our TTB license has been approved. Now on to the PA LCB license.

Getting ready for a grape picking weekend with the crew from D&O Cellars. Then a week on the beach in Florida....

Pitched the yeast on my Pinot Noir grapes. Cleaned some bottles and power washedmy wine press. Oh yeah taking the mrs. out for dinner its our 35th. Anniversary. Time flies when you're having fun. Bakervinyard

Congratulations on the 35th! My 36th was the same day.

not bottled a thing yet, still just a un-learnt beginner, but trying,,,
but in primary
7 gallon strawberry,
12 gallon apple, pear ,crab apple blend
in bulk aging
12 gallon blackberry
7 gallon elderberry
it's a start thanks to this forum an it's people,,,
richard:D

Just bottled a batch of Skeeter Pee (original)
It's funny how each batch I've made takes on some color and some of the flavor of the yeast slurry I've used.
This one was from a kit (Sangria Zinfandel Blush)

When I was cleaning the carboy after bottling...to make a long story short...I dropped it and broke it into a 1000 pieces. (only 2 very minor cuts)
I was rushing, and knew better.
Now off to the LHBS for another 6 gallon carboy...hmm, maybe I should get 2.:)

Definately get two, reefman!

As for me? I am basking in the adoring glow of my very happy wife. Two weeks of ARGH! and my kitchen is done (except for some knobs). Behold!

IMG_0974.jpg

You can't see the stainless dishwasher, under the counter next to the sink. I have rarely been so over-joyed to get a project completed. Now I can go hiking!

Congratulations on the 35th! My 36th was the same day.

Congratulations to you as well. Thought we were going to have a special night. I was going to grill some lamb chops, asparagus, and corn. Well the mrs. came home from work and didn't feel well so w had take out instead. We did have a nice toast to 35 more. LOL, Bakervinyard

Mike and I took the day off to run to Walkers for juice, the goal was to get the juice, hit a couple of wineries in Erie, stop and see Dan and have lunch but I ended up coming down with A head cold yesterday and all I did today was sleep on the way up, get out of the jeep, give my order, climbed back in and slept on the way home!

Pumpkin sounds interesting.... Have you had it before? What is it like? I always think it would be creamy, like a latte. I know it would not be, but I can't wrap my head around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I've been thinking about a pumpkin spice wine. Adding in some nutmeg, cinnamon, and all spice. I wonder if all those spices will come thru after fermentation. I've never made it before it just an idea at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I've been thinking about a pumpkin spice wine. Adding in some nutmeg, cinnamon, and all spice. I wonder if all those spices will come thru after fermentation. I've never made it before it just an idea at this point.

Are you adding them up front or do some aging? Remember, pumpkin really is not ready to dring for at least a year of aging. I won't add the all spice and be very limited on the nutmeg and add some ginger

Last edited:
Are you adding them up front or do ring aging? Remember, pumpkin really is not ready to dring for at least a year of aging. I won't add the all spice and be very limited on the nutmeg and add some ginger

I was thinking of adding them up front, but I've never made this before so I really don't know.

Latest posts

Back