What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around (late last night) to "pretty-ing up" and storing my last round of bottling. My entire kitchen table was taken up by bottles, and I missed eating at the table!! I think they look pretty swell!

DSC_0016.jpg

Gina, feel free to send me a bottle of each. They look fantastic.

I spent time reading the TTB website about registering recipes and about TTB compliant labels. I gave Walco in Erie a call and will be completing thier questionairre when I can get the file to open.

Got another dozen or so bottles cleaned as well as 2 more of the new carboys.

Wife and boys were at a birthday party. So after work, I went for a run, then hit the wine lab to take the Tempranillo-Garnacha out of the barrel. After 15 months, the barrel is already starting to lose its ability to impart oak. So I gave it a light dose of French and American cubes and hit it with some Tancor Grand Cru. I'll bottle in a month or so. It is tasting great already. Cant wait to see what it is like at 18-24 months. I filled the barrel back up with the WE LR Shiraz Cabernet.

Started 12 gallons of Blueberry wine . The blueberry I bottled two weeks ago was OMG to die for cant wait for it to age a while. It reeked of blueberry flavor I used 18 lbs of berry's in the primary and 8 lbs when it was done fermenting and in the secondary. Oh so Good

Going now in the secondary
6 gallons fresh plum
6 gallons dragons blood
5 gallons lime
5 gallons apple raspberry

My Gran passed early Sunday morning, so...you know how that goes.

I'm really glad I took the time to go and see her myself a few weeks ago, it was nice to visit and chat without all the kids/other family members running about. We had a few good laughs, and when I left I felt like I had said goodbye in a way we both understood.

So sorry to hear that. Those late visits are tough emotionally but you will always be glad you did. She took that memory to heaven.

Sorry for your loss Ray and so glad you were able to spend some time with her.

Last edited:
I finally broke down and ordered my first two kits. My arm was twisted by the winners of the recent DB contest to compete in the next contest. Either way, my awesome hubby paid the difference on my 2 kits as birthday-versary gift to me (we had our first date on my birthday.)

Back to the point... my first one arrived today, and I was extremely upset with the delivery. The FedEx dude rang the doorbell and left it there. By the time I got to the door he was long gone. I picked up the box, it was ripped, and the bag was all but hanging outside the box!! I was pretty pissed, especially considering I was also going to use it as part of a beginner's wine making class this weekend.

I'm not sure if I want to call and complain or not, especially considering the hubby only paid around $50 for both, including shipping cost... yeah, I got an awesome deal on Amazon, but I'd be embarrassed to take this ratty box to my presentation... sigh

I finally broke down and ordered my first two kits. My arm was twisted by the winners of the recent DB contest to compete in the next contest. Either way, my awesome hubby paid the difference on my 2 kits as birthday-versary gift to me (we had our first date on my birthday.)

Back to the point... my first one arrived today, and I was extremely upset with the delivery. The FedEx dude rang the doorbell and left it there. By the time I got to the door he was long gone. I picked up the box, it was ripped, and the bag was all but hanging outside the box!! I was pretty pissed, especially considering I was also going to use it as part of a beginner's wine making class this weekend.

I'm not sure if I want to call and complain or not, especially considering the hubby only paid around $50 for both, including shipping cost... yeah, I got an awesome deal on Amazon, but I'd be embarrassed to take this ratty box to my presentation... sigh

I know the feeling! I've received a couple of kit boxes from Amazon that were taped up almost completely with clear packaging tape. I suspect the seller got them discounted because of the box condition from one of those damaged freight companies.

Take it and show it as an object lesson on proper packaging (and its influence on choice of vendors).

Good point!

I know the feeling! I've received a couple of kit boxes from Amazon that were taped up almost completely with clear packaging tape. I suspect the seller got them discounted because of the box condition from one of those damaged freight companies.

I can't say for sure, but the seller was the original company. Beats me what happened.

End result anyway, I called, and complained about the packaging. Upon further inspection, I also found a bit of "sticky" on the bags. Not knowing if this is normal, or there could be possible damaging to the product itself, they gave me a full refund.

I can tape it up and make it more presentable for the class though.

Racked my Brunello off the goop and added some oak.
Will let it sit for a month before it makes it way to use barrel.

Ended up with a 1/2 gallon jug of Brunello, the stuff from the bottom Of the carboy.
Tossed it in the fridge I let it settle down so I can get atleast an extra bottle or 2 of the goop!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Racked my Tropical Riesling kit to secondary yesterday, and back sweetened a batch of Skeeter Pee.

I will be raking my wild apple berry again, making bread, and will start thinking about my next wine recipe....any suggestions? I like to make fruit wines that are in season...ImageUploadedByWine Making1412254513.578999.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back