What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After many bench trails I came up with four new blends using Pear, Apple, Crab-apple and just a touch of my cinnamon extract in the pear. Actual blending and sugar additions are down the road along with names and labels. About 65 gallons total.

Pear 101.jpg

pear 002.jpg

Last edited:
Watching the Derek Jeter celebration with my 4 year old.
They gave him a 10 day all expense paid trip to Tuscany , they mentioned Brunello and my daughter erupted "daddy that is the wine you make"!

And then she asked "does he make wine like you?"

"No honey he just plays baseball"

ImageUploadedByWine Making1410109985.440232.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Doing something I haven't done in many months. Making bread. It's rising now. I'm going to try baking on the grill this time.

I'm also doing something else I haven't done in many months - watching football! I'll be putting some Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings on the grill soon. :HB

You had me at Siracha!

Then try these. They are excellent.

Marinate or rub wings with a citrus based rub or marinade. I like to use Weber's Zesty Lemon, or something like that. (I'm actually going to use Weber's Mango Lime for this run). Grill indirect at about 350 for 20-30 minutes. Dip the wings into the sauce and put them back on the grill for 10 minutes. Repeat the dip 1 or 2 more times. When they're done, you'll have a nice glaze.

Sauce
18 oz Orange Marmalade
1/3 cup - honey
1/3 cup - brown sugar
1/3 cup - Sriracha Sauce
Bring to a boil and remove from heat

Last edited:
putting up my grape trellis. can't decide kniffer double arm or geneva curtain
kniffer seems easier.:re

backsweetened the Catawba and put another batch of empty bottles in to soak and sanitize. Also stopped down at the competition and checked out what wines they are selling.

Friday night after work picked up my California juice and grapes. 4 pails of juice and a lug of petite sirah.
Saturday made wine then floated in the pool.
Sunday punched down and stirred then floated in the pool, cleaned up some over flow, took about a gallon out to give me some more head space.
Today punched down and stirred before leaving for work at about ten to five this morning. :p

Well you can beat .50 a pound but you ether need a really good friend who grows them or pick your own by moon light when nobody's looking lol

That it does, so I'm told. But it's effective range is less than 100 yards. Slugs are still accurate out to 200 yards and rifle rounds out to 1000 with practise

Back