What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, can't say I hunted long or hard for it but I'm defiantly moving up in the world. It just kinda fell into my lap.

Oddly enough it has nothing to do with farming.

Well unemployment was fun for a week or so but all good things must come to an end. Landed myself a good job without applying to anything.

Congratulations. Are you going to keep us in the dark or tell us what you're going to be doing? If it's confidential, forgive me for asking. If it's pole dancing, Julie will find you and straight to the corner you go. :)

I'm going to be working with tigercat assembling major logging equipment. So still playing with tonka toys lol

In other news our counter offer on the house took, so as long as the bank will give my broke backside a loan we will be homeowners in no time at all.

If you would have told me 3 weeks ago my life would be changing this much, this fast I would not have believed you. So far it's all been for the better so hopefully things keep rolling my way

Last edited:
Was off from work this week and was planning to finish a lot of yard work that I started the beginning of the summer but decided to blow it off till the weather cools so instead I bottled 50 litters of coastal white, 50 liters of Nero D'Avola/Dolcetto blend and 23 litters of my version of DB double fruit and oaked that I'm calling Vino Tripla Bacca. I bottled in the mornings and spent the rest of the time floating in the pool. Boy I wish I could retire.;)

Went on a couponning haul for charity today! I picked up our local food bank 120 cans of soup for just $10.80. It feels great to be able to help others!

DSC_0001.jpg

Today is the day of my daugther's wedding. The weather is going to be great and all I can say is, I am soooooooo glad I only have one daughter. Son's getting married is so much easier!

Congrats Julie to both you guys and the Happy Couple! Hard to believe it has been two years since our oldest daughter was married in our back yard. That was a stressful Summer to say the least!

Today is the day of my daugther's wedding. The weather is going to be great and all I can say is, I am soooooooo glad I only have one daughter. Son's getting married is so much easier!

Went for a long (for me) run this morning. Will hopefully bottle the Yakima Syrah, cut the lawn and learn to fly my new quad copter later. Then it's off to a friends' place for dinner.

Edit: Syrah is bottled. I had about a glass leftover and am about to enjoy that with my lunch. :D

Congrats Julie and family!

Last edited:
Lol, no air conditioning in the church but we had enough fans and the ceremony was so good no one seem to noticed that is was 89 degrees outside! Everyone seem to have a great time at the reception. After the reception, we got 3 hours of sleep, had to get back up and run my son to the airport for him to catch his flight. Now I am enjoying a cup of coffee before we have to run the empty kegs back, turn in the tuxedo's and then go watch the couple open up their presents. This evening I am hoping to get back to normal.

WHOOOOAA Julie, don't return all the kegs! I would at least keep one. If those are 1/2 kegs, that would be a 15 gallon ss tank for $30. The innerd's are real easy to take out.

we bottled the Apple Cherry, Cinnamon Pear and Steuben. Though the Cinnamon Pear did not crystal clear, it is a clear as I can get it. We have a picnic with our cyber friends today, so I will turn it into a tasting party.

Still making phone calls to the TTB as the license is still delayed.

Congrats Julie and time to relax....

Congrats Julie! I have four daughters and do not look forward to the day! Three have flown the nest so its just a matter of time.

I started Island Mist Green Apple Riesling (boosted SG to 1.075) and
Selection Italian Montepulciano today.

We met them on a teacher's website. Our school district's teachers went on strike and had a website established to support the teachers. On thier website was a forum to post items for discussion. We met many nieghborhood friends on that forum while discussing the teacher strike and teacher contracts. we keep together with them not as often as when our kids were in school together.

Quick question, how much potassium sorbate does one add to a 23L batch to prevent re fermentation when back sweetening?

Back