What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a busy day so far. Started the day with a trip to All American Container to pick up 70 cases of bottles. Came home and spent 180 on a service call cor our washing machine that quit working 2 days ago only to have it work flawlessly and everything check out while he was here. After that I vacuumed the hardwood and cleaned it along wit organizing the front entry hall. Once the inside was done, I cut the grass and cleaned off the front porch all including scrubbing that. What else for today. Hot sausage on the grill for dinner...

Doug, Tell me about All American Container... Good deal on 70 cases?

Had a wonderful day wifh family and friends while enjoying a cookout and Welches wine tasting. Was definately a fun and interesting day.

Last edited:
Got the 2013 Carmenere foiled and labeled. I'll also be racking the Cab/Merlot and pitching MLB. If the mood strikes me later, I'll bottle the Garnache Rose and mow the lawn.

I made the wine for my son's wedding and will be supplying my for my daughter's wedding in August. At my son's wedding, I got all the little old ladies drunk, they loved my wine. They were either hanging onto a son's arm or their husband's arm and carrying a bottle out the door with them! I am sure it is going to be a big hit. Good luck and congrats on your daughter's wedding.

You should save one bottle of each to give to them on the 1st anniversary.

Thanks Julie. My wines were a hit. Many complements. Much of this success is owed to this wonderful forum. Thank you all.

Doug, Tell me about All American Container... Good deal on 70 cases?

All American Container has the mid punt for $7.30 per case. No quantity discount. The have non punted for $6.86 and full punt for $8.10 I think. I was able to get 68 cases in the back of my pickup. They are in Belle Vernon Pa.

Annual Memorial Day Parade. Please keep our fallen troops and the families in your prayers today. They gave the ultimate sacrifice so the we can enjoy the freedoms we do today.

Was in the Texas hill country all day yesterday so today we decided to stay in. So I racked my LE orgeon Pinot noir to secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

For the long weekend, did all the tall mowing (brushhog) around vineyard and orchard, about 3-4 acres...weed-whacked rows around vines and around all orchard trees in preparation for spraying...pruned/trained the 1-yr Marquette vines...cut up and moved two large trees (hurt my back on the 100+ lb rounds)...tilled/weeded both gardens...put down granulated herbicide in the berries...first backyard campout of the summer with my little girls...bottled/corked 174 bottles of wine...drank a couple. :)

Went in our pool for a bit now sitting here enjoying DangerDave's Dragonblood. Not looking forward to work in the am. At least it will be a short week...

Was in the Texas hill country all day yesterday so today we decided to stay in. So I racked my LE orgeon Pinot noir to secondary.

Ditto on the LE Oregon Pinot Noir. BBQing chicken for the family tonight. Potato salad and grilled corn. Yummo!

Help me pick a wine.

All give of my carboys are in various stages of bulk aging. So I got antsy and had to try the three closest to being ready to bottle.ImageUploadedByWine Making1401212762.477353.jpg
From left to right, quad berry dragon blood, strawberry lemonade skeeter pee, and WE California Moscato. All three could be bottled next week. Of the three the quad berry had the best flavor by far. But I love the clarity if them all! The skeeter pee needs more strawberry flavor so I will work on that in the next few days but the lemon flavor is great! The moscato on the other hand tastes kind of flat to me. All three still have yeasty flavors that I am hoping will go away over time.

Making wine in South Texas since March 2014

Cibolo Creek Cellars

Follow us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/sekulafamilyfarms

www.sekulafamilyfarms.com

2 of my wines being entered into a local competition today my Cab. Franc ice wine & my toasted Carmel port style

Odds are ill end up entering 2 or 3 bottles in the local county fair. Didn't win squat last year but I'm still learning how to make this wine stuff

Back sweetened 5 gallons of the fall Concord last night, tonight I'm going to rack and sweeten 6 gallons of Fredonia and 5 gallons of Niagra. May also blend 3 gallons of Concord and 3 gallons of Niagra for a blend and back sweeten.

After reading the topic on tannins again I placed an order from Doug at http://brewandwinesupply.com/ .

Last edited:
racked and filtered 6 gallons of Pee, 3 galloons of Cherry and racked/blended/filtered the apple into the crab apple. Time to backsweeten the Pee, sweeten up the Crab Apple, and look to backsweeten the Chocolate cherry....

Prepping for apartment inspection. Been cleaning for hours and haven't even finished upstairs.

At least the rooms I have cleaned are immaculate. Gonna be tough keeping it in order til Monday with 3 kids and a packed schedule this week.

*le sigh*

Back sweetened 6 gallons of Skeeter Pee this am. Tasted a little on the hot side so I decided to blend as originally intended. I added 1 can oc Cranberry concentrate and 2-60 oz bottles of POM which were purchased at Costco. Not to shabby if I do say so myself. I guess I need to start a batch of regular pee now.

Latest posts

Back