What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting things ready for our grape planting party on Saturday. Rows all marked. Cleaning up and getting ready to feed the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I have finally convinced my hubby to get into the game with me! Kinda.

He's agreed to make an attempt at beer brewing, So I'm browsing the interwebs for a kit he might enjoy.

At least there won't be a lot of equipment to buy since I already have most of it.

Been so busy, haven't been on at all till tonight. Off from work or I should say off from my job, doing plenty work at home. Started my "vacation" Saturday with a trip to the Audiologist to get my ears checked. Been having trouble with my balance (not wine related) and the ENT sent me for some tests. Turns out what I thought was a blockage may be due to some hearing loss, still waiting for the results. Afterward made myself the three bucket grape press I read about on the forum so I could press my Syrah grapes that have been fermenting since last week. Sunday cut the grass re-seeded the lawn did some grading of the back yard getting ready to install some pavers. Monday racked 6 gallons of coastal white and 25 gallons of Syrah and tried out my new ghetto press. It worked OK but I need to trim the pressing bucket to get deeper into the bucket with the holes so I can get a tighter squeeze. I ended up putting a sanitized baggie on my hand and completing the press manually. Tuesday, Wednesday digging, grading re-setting and setting pavers. I'm worn out. I need another glass of wine. :)

Been a busy day so far. Started the day with a trip to All American Container to pick up 70 cases of bottles. Came home and spent 180 on a service call cor our washing machine that quit working 2 days ago only to have it work flawlessly and everything check out while he was here. After that I vacuumed the hardwood and cleaned it along wit organizing the front entry hall. Once the inside was done, I cut the grass and cleaned off the front porch all including scrubbing that. What else for today. Hot sausage on the grill for dinner...

Dammit..... If I had known there was going to be hot sausage on the grill for dinner, I would have stayed...

Special Thanks to D&O Cellars for picking up bottles for me. Got home and returned a growler with a Pinto Grigio to a co-worker that just had a baby. Ended up drinking some pee with him.

4 oclock can't come fast enough. Let's start the weekend....

Racked wine in and out of my barrel.
Now sitting in a honda dealership for hour and a half to get my free oil change.

Good thing I took the day off.
Then I have to go dig up some hostas at aunts house.
Hit a bucket of golf balls.
Then bottling Pinot noir!

Then will clean 2 -6 gallon carboys to sell to some guy on craigslist for $40 (unfortunately they are just too big for my use)

Hopefully cracking a bottle of something to go with my wife medifast chili dinner

Went shopping for the wine judging picnic tomorrow and bottled my Blueberry and Blackberry. My daughter is having 2 friends sleep over and my wife has to go to her sisters ti stay with her mother. Going to spend the evening getting stuff ready for tomorrow.

One comes out to carboy and one goes into the barrel from a a carboy. Keep that barrel full and sulfited 24/7/365!

What a day (again)! Feeling like poo, I managed to keep the 3 kids under some form of control, including an invasion of "tween" boys from the neighborhood who came to visit, cook dinner and entertain my parents, sister, and her newborn.

On a more relaxing note, I bottled 10 gal blackberry BD and racked and back-sweetened 5 gallons "Tea Pee" and 1 gal of Skeeter Pee.

I think I may go outside with a glass of DB (haven't decided which I wanna open) and watch what the news is touting as a "possible meteor storm."

Too bad I'm going solo, the hubby is DJing for one of our local high school's Project Graduation lock-ins til 4am.

Last edited:
I drank an entire bottle of raspberry/blueberry wine last night while binge watching Fringe with SWMBO (great, great show!)

So today I am moving slow.
SWMBo is going to a local winery with her BFF.

I have to bottle 6 gallons of Pinot noir.
Loads and loads of Laundry, (I wash she folds).
I have to move compost.
Fill in box garden
Get ready to plant veggies
Plant hostas
Maybe open the pool
(All in the rain)

Tonight is my daughters rehearsal dinner for her wedding tomorrow. Very exciting. I am serving my WE Cabernet Savignon, Savignon Blanc and Pinot Gris. I am not telling anyone the wines are homemade. I will see how this blind tasting goes.

Tonight is my daughters rehearsal dinner for her wedding tomorrow. Very exciting. I am serving my WE Cabernet Savignon, Savignon Blanc and Pinot Gris. I am not telling anyone the wines are homemade. I will see how this blind tasting goes.

I made the wine for my son's wedding and will be supplying my for my daughter's wedding in August. At my son's wedding, I got all the little old ladies drunk, they loved my wine. They were either hanging onto a son's arm or their husband's arm and carrying a bottle out the door with them! I am sure it is going to be a big hit. Good luck and congrats on your daughter's wedding.

You should save one bottle of each to give to them on the 1st anniversary.

I had a rare day off, so after shopping and errands I tasted a white I had backsweetened. It has gone back into fermentation, so I will try again in a week or so. Had drinks with my landlords who distill their own versions of everything under the sun. Tonight was a spiced bourbon with lots of cinnamon tones. Just discovered half a bottle of a decent red I forgot I'd bottled recently, so I'm spending a happy hour with it and the interwebz before bed. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back