What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after a weekend of golfing with my fraternity brothers, I was able to meet some very nice folks from Olivero Vineyard who let me stop over and help to bottle thier tasty Merlot.

I alos stopped at another winery on the way home to get some ideas for Bushy Run Winery.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByWine Making1400447584.701089.jpg
Bottling some blueberry. I don't know what the glass and mason jar are for.

That's my story......and I'm sticking to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Bottled 8 cases (19 1/2 gallons) of Chambourcin, 5 cases (9 gallons) of a Norton(66%) - Chambourcin (33%) blend. Then racked 8 gallons of blackberry port, 12 gallons of pear, 12 gallons of apple, and 7 gallons of cherry wine. My wife and I are both exhausted. Not planning on doing any wine work for at least the next week.

stuck working in DC today, but worked on the PLCB paperwork and read up on PA Limited wineries. Darn rules....

Church this morning, then off to the Dogfish Head Alehouse to celebrate a friend's birthday. After that, I racked the Viognier to secondary, the mowed the lawn. Now kicking back with a MM Renaissance Chard.

I completed a bunch of chemistry today. Chromatography on a MLF., several sulfite measurements with a Vinometric meter, several total acidity and pH measurements. I racked my Amarone and the Shiraz/cab blend. Then I went out and bought several glass carboys that I desperately needed. Now I am drinking a glass of Cline Syrah. Quite tasty. It was an absolutely beautiful crisp day in Baltimore today.

Vineyard marked for next week's Frontenac planting. And the veggie garden is all tilled and ready for planting.

1554417_10100447505532459_4930004868312878021_n.jpg

10367587_10100448189940899_5799283088738657620_n.jpg

I wish my garden was dry enough to till! Expecting more rain Tuesday. ENOUGH already!:re Your soil looks good and rich for your vines! and your vegies

Last edited:
It was a busy weekend. Friday was our 16th wedding anniversary. We had intended to do landscaping which turned more into looking at various plants at 2 different places. I did pick up a load of manure for the garden. Went to Saga for a wonderful dinner with my lovely wife. Saturday we picked up plants and paint samples since I can't seem to get anyone to give me an estimate to paint my house. 6 people have came out to look, 2 returned estimates that were higher than I want and 2 have not even bothered to come look. I don't want to hear from any contractor that you have no work. We went to a picninc on Saturday and ended up spending the night. Did alot of shooting at the picnic. Sunday we spent the day landscaping and spreading mulch. I'm ready to relax. Only have 3 days in the office this week.

happy anniversary Doug. It's beautiful this early am The sun is shining and 44 but with the sun it seems much warmer:db:db

Just stayed my LE Oregon Pinot noir. Starting with only 1.092 SG. I added the heavy French which came with the kit. I also added 1 1/2 tsp of FT soft rouge tannin and 1 tsp of yeast energizer which not much. Yeast used was rc212. Will probably add 1 tbsp of tannin during secondary. Will see

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Went to trivia and karaoke tonight. Had a blast singing and we came in 2nd at trivia.

Started planting today. That means bagged lunch. I took my game to a new level this year. Cooking on the motor takes far too long but warming stuff up always works. So now I have myself a hobo lunch.

aguby3ut.jpg

Noting better than a hot meal on a cool day. Beats the hell out of soggy sandwiches too.

Right now, working in DC. :(

But tonight, I will be tending to my double batch of Chilean Cabernet Sauvigon by squeezing the grape bags and adding oak chips. I am also planning to sample the Barolo I bottled several months ago.

Heather

Back