What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day, another thunder chicken down. Connected with a 25 pound Tom this morning. I called in his harem of hens and he wasn't too far behind. Another bumper year for the wild turkeys of Ontario.

Nice! Way to go. Any pictures?

ytysuqed.jpg

Ugly birds to say the least. This guy was a nice 25 pounds with a 8-1/2 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. Not a big as lat years Tom but still a fine bird

Drowning my sorrows with a Lakeridge Sweet Red Muscadine and a Shurina Cellars Cabernet Sauv. Got the grass cut before the rain and sent my wife a Mother's Day Fruit bouquet (which she really liked). Picked up the girl from college for Mother's Day weekend.

I was going to rack my Chardonnay, but by the time I disturbed my lees I'm going to have to wait a couple of days:m

I was going to rack my Chardonnay, but by the time I disturbed my lees I'm going to have to wait a couple of days:m

You really should let it settle, rack it off the lees, let that sit to make sure nothing else settles before bottling.

Julie, that's was my plan before my carboy fell off the carboy wedge (2X4):p
Good thing I only use BB carboys:D

Edged beds and spread mulch from 7-10. Then got myself ready for T-ball. Had an early lunch with the kids, then off to the game - until we were rained out in the first inning. Back home to spend the afternoon with the kids, so Momma could "celebrate" Mother's Day and we could prepare dinner.

Got a little Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds from Radio City on now, enjoying some limoncello. We will be seeing them here in about 75 days. :r

Celebrated mother's day early. We shipped my Welch's to the judges, stopped by the thrift store, dropped off party supplies to a friend, and went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. We got this meal that was ENORMOUS! It was their fajita especial for 2 with fajita veggies, chicken breast, steak, chorizo, and shrimp with all the trimmings,rice, beans, pico de gallo, sour cream, salad, and guacamole and of course chips and salsa. It was so big that my hubby, myself and my daughter couldn't even finish half!

After dinner I stopped at Kroger and picked up 22 pineapples for a pineapple batch at $1 per pineapple. What a STEAL! Saved like $60!

On or way home we stopped to visit hubby's dad and aunt. She brought up that she didn't currently have any good wine *wink wink*

Now were sitting home chilling. Been a good day.

Just back from the obligatory foliage run. :) Flowers for wife, plants for Mom and Mother-in-law. Headed to church later, then splitting up. :D My wife and her sis are going out with their Mom. My sisters and I are going to a winery, and taking Mom out for a late lunch.

Happy Mother's Day!

Finished chromatography. About 80 percent through MLF on my Barbera. Used VP 41 and nutrients which worked very well.

Woke up early and went to church, lowes, and the grocery store. Came home and got lasagne all prepared, it will go in the oven at 4:15 for dinner at 5:00. I even managed to rack the Brianna, Elderberry, Apple and Cherry wines.

Spent the day with mom and my grandmother. Granny is 95 and still sharp as a tack! I love my mom but Granny's kisses were the sweetest today.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

bottled some WE sangria and LE reisling/chenin blanc. That LE is really light on flavor. Not bad but really subtle. I think I left it in the carboy way to long. Wife likes it so I guess all is good.

Busy Weekend

Ok so Saturday ran out to Corrados to pick up my juice pails. 6 in all 2 for my brother-in-law 4 for me and 2 lugs of grapes 1 each. This is the first foray using fresh grapes so we went light till we could see how we were goint to get this done without any equipment. So I de-stemmed by hand and used my wifes potato masher and one of her kitchen gizmos to crush them up.
De-stemmedandCrushed.jpg
After the grapes were properly smushed I added 1/4 tsp of meta to dicourage any wild fermentation and let it sit over night while the pails were warming up to room temp.
FourtoGo.jpg
. Sunday had to vacumm the pool but finally got to batch the 4 pails.
Batched.jpg
I think the Quad batch will be my new MO since I seem not to be able to have enough on hand to satify the demand of the family, neighbor, friends oh and me of course.

Oh, and we did get to do all the Mother's Day stuff. Out to dinner with the Mother in Law and two sisters in law. Then to my sister in law's so all the kids could come over. Lots of people. Lots of fun. Today I went to work to get a rest. :h

Back