What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished back sweetening and bottling 4 bottles of Arancello, an Orange version of Limoncello, and 2 bottles of Fragolina, a Strawberry version of Limoncello. These are dangerous, specially when you have some left over, but not enough to fill a bottle...someone had to dispose of it properly...he he he

Just finished back sweetening and bottling 4 bottles of Arancello, an Orange version of Limoncello, and 2 bottles of Fragolina, a Strawberry version of Limoncello. These are dangerous, specially when you have some left over, but not enough to fill a bottle...someone had to dispose of it properly...he he he

I love Limoncello! Gotta be careful with it though cause it sure sneaks up on you :dg

Just finished back sweetening my Dragon Blood. Making up my shopping list for going to the LHBS tomorrow. Since it's about 35 minutes away, I don't go as often as I'd like, and I have to make a list.
Other than that, nothing, maybe a bit of house cleaning. Heck, I haven't even crawled outta my PJs today. Can ya say "lazy"?

Raelene,
I hope that you are feeling better.
It seems that the older I get the less tolerant my stomach gets, I made the most incredible Bolognese Sauce for dinner Friday night, I made meatballs, cooked up some Italian Sausage, pork cooked in it as well until it was falling apart, this sauce was packed with flavor...lol
I was craving a big dinner like my mother use to make when we were young, I bought some fresh made ravioli, 4 cheese and some meat ravioli to mix in...yep, I was drooling...lol...
We had dinner, A bottle of Chianti, a bottle of Lambrusco, but I couldn't really eat much, which surprised me, and let me tell you... I didn't digest that the whole night...Wheeeeeeew....I liked it better when I was young and could eat a horse..lol....I mean, come on...what kind of Italian cannot tolerate a good plate of pasta....gheesh.....

Today my daughter came over and taught me to make some of my fav. sushi.We made Miso soup, Dynamite and California rolls, Veg. and Prawn tempura and sashimi. We made wa-ay to much for just the 2 of us, but it was fun (and yum yum!)

That did look yummy!

Raelene,
I hope that you are feeling better.
It seems that the older I get the less tolerant my stomach gets, I made the most incredible Bolognese Sauce for dinner Friday night, I made meatballs, cooked up some Italian Sausage, pork cooked in it as well until it was falling apart, this sauce was packed with flavor...lol

Recipe please!

Cleaning and delabeling 2 dozen bottles.
Starting a small batch if welches for topping up purposes.

Day 2 of building Legos.
Today is. A kit consisting of 996 pieces

The Strawberry Merlot I bottled last week came out very good. I increased the alcohol content to about 11-12% by adding 4 pounds of sugar with the yeast. As I do with all my wines. Don't like cool-aid. Next week I'm planning on bottling the Blackberry Merlot. And maybe start the Strawberry Lychee. Last year I made about 50 gallons of wine. I did give some away, but where did the rest go? I drink a little more now. But not that much, I don't think.

I was craving a big dinner like my mother use to make when we were young, I bought some fresh made ravioli, 4 cheese and some meat ravioli to mix in...yep, I was drooling...lol...
We had dinner, A bottle of Chianti, a bottle of Lambrusco, but I couldn't really eat much, which surprised me, and let me tell you... I didn't digest that the whole night...Wheeeeeeew....I liked it better when I was young and could eat a horse..lol....I mean, come on...what kind of Italian cannot tolerate a good plate of pasta....gheesh.....

Recipe please!

What Dan said please!

Alton Brown has a very good Bolognese recipe. It can be found on foodnetwork.com. It was featured on an episode of Good Eats, where he walks through it in detail.

Last night I did something I really did not think I would ever I do. My husband is still laughing. I drank a wine from a plastic cup!!!!!!!! loL, I have a history of needing a wine glass to drink wine out of to the point of always having one with me.

Lol, we went to Blomington, IN, our daughter and her fiancée are moving back to PA and needed some help. Never thought she would have her wine glasses packed a way! :slp

Cleaning and delabeling 2 dozen bottles.
Starting a small batch if welches for topping up purposes.

Day 2 of building Legos.
Today is. A kit consisting of 996 pieces

I should add to this:
3 loads of laundry
1 load of dishes
Took out trash & recycling
Took a half hour walk with son in 29 degree weather.
Boiled up some sparkalloid to clear my chocolate/rasp

Started drinking the other half of my chianti (did not hold up on day 2 after being opened)
Watched foot ball while standing in kitchen.

This is all the things I do to keep my mind off the fact that my wife has reduced my Calorie in tack by 1/2!

julie, i do will not drink out of plastic, period.
I carry cocktail glasses with me where i travel to...I can not stand plastic anything.....My hat is off to you lady.
I have found at times, it is nesecarry, but I kinda hide my head when drinking from plastic.

Back