What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I did something I really did not think I would ever I do. My husband is still laughing. I drank a wine from a plastic cup!!!!!!!! loL, I have a history of needing a wine glass to drink wine out of to the point of always having one with me.

Lol, we went to Blomington, IN, our daughter and her fiancée are moving back to PA and needed some help. Never thought she would have her wine glasses packed a way! :slp

Lol. I'm the same with needing a proper glass. My worse wasn't as bad as that, it was having to drink my wine from a coffee cup when camping once. :)

Lol. I'm the same with needing a proper glass. My worse wasn't as bad as that, it was having to drink my wine from a coffee cup when camping once. :)

Lol, add some spices and warm it up!!!!!!

I can't even say I was drinking from a red solo cup !!!! BUT it was awesome to be with my daughter, I miss her and now she will only be a 3 1/2 hour drive instead of a 7 1/2 hour drive, I'm not telling her nor the rest of the family this but that was worth dring from a plastic cup!!!!!!

Lol, add some spices and warm it up!!!!!!

I can't even say I was drinking from a red solo cup !!!! BUT it was awesome to be with my daughter, I miss her and now she will only be a 3 1/2 hour drive instead of a 7 1/2 hour drive, I'm not telling her nor the rest of the family this but that was worth dring from a plastic cup!!!!!!

That's Great!! I wish mine (daughter ) was closer. I'm on baby wait time right now. She's due any day. I'd drink from a styrofoam cup if it meant she would move closer.

julie, i do will not drink out of plastic, period.
I carry cocktail glasses with me where i travel to...I can not stand plastic anything.....My hat is off to you lady.
I have found at times, it is nesecarry, but I kinda hide my head when drinking from plastic.

I bought a couple stainless steel wine glasses for camping last year. Got tired of drinking g out of the solo cups.

I've had a an awesome day! Woke up early, browsed the web, made the man coffee and left him and the child at home as I went to the LHBS. I bought a real corker! So excited to use it rather than that plastic peice of junk my hubby originally bought for me!! Now I fell a bit more "upscale". Perhaps that's silly, but it's a fairly expensive piece of equipment. Related: My hubby's besties and a few cousins make wine, and now I get to be like, "Wanna borrow my corker?"

Then I went to a few grocery stores for some supplies and caught some great deals! Skittles for $1.99 per bag and Old Orchard concentrates 10 for $10 and get the 11th one free! So I stocked up!

I plan on starting up another batch of Dragon Blood tonight, since my hubby LOVED it, and probably a Tropical variant of Dragon Blood.

I generally prefer glass too. But after seeing this, if I haven't brought my own glass, I reach for the plastic in a hotel.

[ame]http://youtu.be/fQ1gCEr_sXA[/ame]

Holy Lord!!! I use to travel a lot, and to think that my wife thought I was nuts for bringing my own glasses for us...yes, I am picky, I bring my own pillows too...lol

well...i have to admit..not only to i take my own glass..I also take my own pillows....just makes me more comfortable.

My girls bought me these 'glasses' for Christmas and they are really awesome. Made by Govino they are BPA free polymer,thin and just crystal clear. They are kind of strange to hold because they actually have some flex to them. But perfect for the hot tub and beach.

Funny story of why they bought them. Last Easter when all of my family was here, my 3 girls decided to have a hot tub wine party till 3:30 am. (assuming Mom would take care of their kids when they work up at dawn) Well, when I got up the next morning, I passed by the cabinet where I keep my Reidel glasses and there was one of my glasses, sitting beside the others, except with the the stem only about 2 in. long and taped together with zebra striped duct tape. It took 3 months for them to fess up as to who did it. Turned out is was a conspiracy of all three. I have to give them points for originality.

Govino glasses

govino.jpg

I have a friend who worked as a maid at a motel during semester breaks in College. She says they were TOLD her to use the same rag to clean EVERYTHING in the rooms under their care. She gagged and found another job the next semester, and never stayed at that Motel again.

My wine glasses where "borrowed" from a hotel. They are pretty much the same as the ones in the picture above. They do the trick quite nicely.

Snowed in today. I probably COULD go out, but I'd rather stay home in my comfy warm jammies, watch some movies, and maybe tinker a bit.

Oh, and glasses, HA! I have about 100 glasses! I was quoted some RIDICULOUS price for renting them for my wedding last year. I decided it was more cost conscious to just buy a bunch from Wal-Mart. There not fancy, but they do the trick. Plus, we've rented them out for weddings, so I've MADE money on them. I suppose I shalt not complain.

worked closed down early today because of the major snow storm.(noon time) When I got home the wife was shoveling the snow, so I helped finish it up. This was just the first 4 inches.
A few hours later I went back out and shoveled another 4 inches, They are predicting 6 tp 12 total. Already got 8.
Anyway, I was so tired, I had to call for an emergency delivery.:h

winebulance.jpg

Sitting in my living room waiting for the plumber to fix my furnace. No heat in the house. Don't recall ever sitting in my living room with my jacket and gloves drinking a glass of wine. Lol, Bakervinyard

Sitting in my living room waiting for the plumber to fix my furnace. No heat in the house. Don't recall ever sitting in my living room with my jacket and gloves drinking a glass of wine. Lol, Bakervinyard

How cold is it suppose to get tonight? You take care up there! It is going to -3 here but I have a nice toasty wood burner that is awesome to sit in front with a glass of wine.

How cold is it suppose to get tonight? You take care up there! It is going to -3 here but I have a nice toasty wood burner that is awesome to sit in front with a glass of wine.

Thanks Julie, Not quite as cold as you lower teens, wind gust to 40mph, 8-10 inches snow. Plumber left about 1/2 hour ago. Starting to thaw out now but still have the wool socks on. Gave him a bottle of my Merlot to have at dinner. Bakervinyard

After listening to Geos continually tell me about the Green Apple Rielsing he made (and didn't save a bottle for me), I had to break down and buy a kit today. I'll add sugar to up the ABV to around 12% and let her fly. Moved the Skeeter Pee down to the winery. If it gets warmer, I can go and finish sanitizing bottles and start some racking and blending.

Finally made it into the Cellar for some wine work over the weekend. Between Saturday and Sunday I racked 126 gallons of wine to clean carboys. I need to transfer the pee from the bucket to a carboy, maybe that will happen at lunch time today. After finishing up in the cellar on Sunday we made some really nice thick juicy steaks. Some companny came over annd we played the boardgame Quelf and polished off 4 bottles of Noble Muscadine...annd a bottle of Bronze Muscadine. It was a long over due night of relaxing with friends and family...

Latest posts

Back