What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filtered the Gewurtztraminer last night going to bottle it today. Racked the Seyval Blanc last night as well, Tastes very good after 2 months. Racked 15 gallons of elderberry this morning, going to back sweeten to 1.008 today. Yumm.

a LOOONG week of work in Youngstown and I was able to sleep in to 745 this morning. Still going to give the Skeeter Pee another stir to add some oxygen to the yeast to get it down to under 1 on the SG. Must backsweeten the Dragon Blood just a tad more and bottle a Plum wine for a plant manager in Buffalo.

Off to DC tomorrow, then an interview on Monday morning and a drive to Buffalo to "work" (but just a reason to pick up 21 carboys in Buffalo and 10 gallons of juice in Erie)

I just bottled the last of my 2011 wines! 53 bottles of a Dandelion-Plum and 43 bottles of Hibiscus-Ginger. Both are good but I am unlikely to make them again. I am spoiled with the Luva Bella juice buckets or maybe just getting lazy. I racked my Chocolate Hazelnut Porter and added 8 oz cocoa nibs. I think I am going to love this one!

Bill, what's the deal on the carboys? Who's still selling juice in Erie, or are you hitting Walkers?

I am bringing back my load of twenty one 6 gallon glass carboys that I acquired from Canada. I was hoping to still find some juice from PIWC or the market beside Arrowhead.

Is all your juice gone?

DOn't forget I have dibs on some of those carboys. Have a safe trip.

I'm gonna lose at least one to a plant manager, and I promised Terri a couple, but I will hold a few for you, but it will cost you a Muscadine or two. I'm enjoying a bottle of your Noble Muscadine right now. And selfishly not sharing it with my wife....

I'm gonna lose at least one to a plant manager, and I promised Terri a couple, but I will hold a few for you, but it will cost you a Muscadine or two. I'm enjoying a bottle of your Noble Muscadine right now. And selfishly not sharing it with my wife....

I was already considering that to be part of the deal.

Julie, posting the Sassy Ham and Cheese recipe in the food section now.

Making Dan's Buffalo Chicken Soup now for lunch.

Smells wonderful.

Bringing 7 carboys on Saturday. Start fighting for them now, though I promised Terri a couple. Need to do some work on the wines while I have some time off...

Hokapsig, I'm curious to find out about this carboy deal, it sounds like you got a very good price, where , when, how?...LMAO!

6.5 Gallons of Apple Cider in the Primary
6.5 Gallons of Niagara in the Primary
5 Gallons of Blueberry/Pom in the Primary
3 Gallons of Pumpkin in the Primary

5 Gallons of Diamond First Rack

5 Gallons of Baco Noir Second Rack
5 Gallons of Catawba Second Rack

3 Gallons of Raspberry Ready to be Bottled

Back