What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed a Chocolate Hazelnut Porter today. It sure smelled good during the boil! Also added some Cocao Nibs to my cherry wine, hopefully it will give it a nice chocolate flavor without losing the cherry flavor.

Finally had no work to do today for the first time i like I cant remember so I hit the beach and caught 6 stripets all in the 2' range. Going back at midnight to hopefully get something bigger. My buddy got a 22 lber the other night and his buddy got a 29 lber. Daddy wants 1 of those!

Spent the morning and early afternoon with my wife and 5 y/o. After dinner I cleaned the 30 bottles I had soaking in the stationary tub. Tomorrow I need to go do electrical at my son's house. Should only take a couple hours then I'm thinking of bottling the Gewurtztraminer. Got the bosses approval on tastes so it's good to go.

Gave my skeeterpee with the sangria slurry a stir today. I tasted a little just to see if I could notice a difference in taste. BOY WAS I SUPRISED!!!!!! :D It was still very sweet and had a wonderful flavor!!! But, to put things in perspective, it has only been fermenting for 23 days. I fully expect the flavor to change considerably by the time it is dry. Still a good sign though!

Bottled 6 gallons of MMR Montepulciano and 6 gallons of WE LE Spanish Matador Trio. I'm tired.

Finished up wiring my son's bathroom about an hour ago. What a PITA it is to fish wires in an old house. We both thought we ran an extra line when he re-did his bedroom last year. Much to our surprise we didn't. Tried 3 different routes finally found a channel that pipes were running up that was open enough. Finished that then cam home and made made stuffed peppers with the remaining dozen or so peppers from the garden. Looking forward to dinner and a bottle of wine.

Making snickerdoodles and hummus dip and heading to a good friends party. Not sure what wine I'll bring but it will be a magnum of something.

trying to scrub the cherry juice stains off my hands/fingers.

with little success!:)

Picked up a 6 gallon pail of Amarone & a 6 gallon pail of Moscato, both imported from Italy, I'll be starting them in a few hrs, once they reach at least 65°.

Working today... Already been on three auto accidents! Jeez, people can't drive today? Is it a full moon or something? Luckily, no one hurt too bad. Hopefully, the night will be quiet.

Started my first batch of muscadine wine. It's a 3 gallon batch. I added 1/8 tsp of kmeta, 3 tsp of nutrient, 1 1/2 energizer. My starting specific gravity was 1.086.

OK with everyone showing off their artillery lately, I felt compelled to share mine. My favorite long rifle. With a good Idaho, I can take out a moving combine in a cornfield hundreds of yards away. LOL

potato gun.jpg

JOESILVA401, nice "tools"!
Dan lmao....should I even ask why ya shot at a moving combine?...LOL

lol Dan...we had one of those when I was in college. Our appartment just happened to have a great view of the big water tower that served our complex. Boy that water tower was loud when it was hit by a fast moving potato from about 200 yards away. :D

Gonna backsweeten my strawberry which smells real good then bottle. Also gonna start my first MLF with some muscadine I started about a month ago. I have never done that. I went to my local store and the only mlf bacteria they had was a liquid by Whitelab. We will see.

Gotta put the two carboys in a container of water with my aquarium heater and get them up to 70 degrees.

well, my plans changed!. The strawberry has a great aroma but a so so taste. Acid and ph seem right. Does not show any gas but it tastes like it has a little. Guess I am going to have to add my secret ingredient that has really helped my other three wines I have bottled so far -Time!

The muscadine has a gravity of about 1.015. It has been in the secondary about 3 1/2 weeks. I had the primary in warm water and moved to a carboy. Didi not put carboys in warm water and I think the ferment stalled. I put it back in a warm tub and two of the three are bubbling fairly regular. I did not do a gravity reading on that one that is not bubbling. I will do that this afternoon.

I guess I will not mlf it. Don't know right now.

Latest posts

Back