What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hokapsig, I'm curious to find out about this carboy deal, it sounds like you got a very good price, where , when, how?...LMAO!

Let's just say that I have an on-going love affair with Craig'slist. And the Canadians sell things under value (in my opinion), and using my connections, I can get things shipped into the US duty free.

Now why is there a black helicopter hovering over my house????

Thanking the lord my wifes car made it back in 1 pce! A few days ago my wife lent her car (Stupid!!!!) to someone she just met a few weeks ago. This girl was supposed to be back with it in 1 hour but 6 hours later it made it back. I told her to never ever ever lend out something like that to anyone except very close family. Well like an idiot she did it again without my permission on Wednesday afternoon. When I got home from work I asked her where the car was and thats when she told me. I then told her that her friend is a drug addict and she didnt believe me. The car again was supposed to be back before I even got back from work at 4:30. Well at 6 the car still wasnt back and no 1 was picking up the phones. Then we called the police and reported the car stolen. We then found out they (her and her husband) never even picked up their kids from school. THey went on a bender obviously. We then called around and got the phone number for her cousin who told us they never go around him unless they are looking for money to buy drugs!!!! A few towns away the police pulled them over in my wifes car and had ill communications with the police department that put out the apb and instead of a stolen car report it was reported as a well being report so the cops let them go telling them the people in which you borrowed the car from where concerned of their well being. They told those police they were going home which is a 10 minute drive from there, they never came home. Finally the scumbags called my wife around 12 this afternoon and told her they were sorry and asked where they could drop the car off as they werent coming home knowing the cops would be there waiting for them. They saiud they were an hour away but actually were right around the corner as I ran over there to try and catch them doing the drop and was going to beat the crap out of them but the car was already there. Probably a good thing as I most likely would have ended up in jail but I really didnt care at the minute!!!! Anyway, the car is back, empty tank and a decent scratch on the rear bumper but at least its back. Im surprised they didnt trade it to the drug dealers for more crack or something. Book value on thois car is like nothing but its in good shape and we surely dont have money to get another vehicle. Heck, we dont even have the money to buy a furnace for our house and lucky the wood stove is heating the whole house!

Wade, first and foremost, Thank God the car is back safe and sound. Your wife seems like she has a good heart, and dirt bags know to prey on good trusting people.
That said, you are close enough to me that all ya need to do is let me know and I'll help you "re-educate" these assclowns....I'm a tiny 6'3" 360 lbs...I could certainly lend a helping hand....LOL
Years ago my ex girlfriend still had my stereo at her place after I moved out, I went back after 3 days to get it, only to find out that she and her new boyfriend had sold it for drugs......I got my moneys worth out of the new boyfriend....he he

Good job Tom!!!!! Deadbeats like that really get my blood boiling! We have one in my family and he only comes around when he needs money. He didn't even call or come by for Thanksgiving today.

Wade, I'm not that close to you, but I would make the trip to get some satisfaction out of those 2. THere is going to be more and more of that crap going on before we know it.

Wade you know how I feel about it...

mz_020906_10031628834.gif

Wade, you need to starting writing your memoirs, I think they would be a fantastic read. I do not know anyone else who has as much crap happen to them as you and your family and you always seem to keep it all in prespective.

Glad everything worked out and hopefully your wife has learned a very good lesson with this.

Early morning here, had my daughter to work by 6 am, then came home and racked Moscato, nothing left in fermenting buckets. Do you think they sell a can of "fermenting Wine" air freshener?

Last edited:
Marc, I agree! To be honest, the hard cider is turning out so good that I may start another, once I took BillF (I believe) advice and added American oak, medium toast..WOW! unreal!
It is more like an apple wine, I'm going to put it out for cold stabilization to clear it, I suspect that it won't last long!

Yeah thers never a dull moment here Jules and my wife is as naive as they come. Literally voted most gullible in her high school year book! Thank goodness she didnt lend them what little money we have saved up for a new furnace or Id have to had beat her!

Tom, I'm going to have try a batch of hard cider. I've been looking for a recipe and haven't found one that intrigues me yet.

Marc,
I'd be happy to share! I almost started another batch, my wife and were going nuts with the "I have to taste it" part...lol

Last edited:
Going to get another coat of paint on the risors of my stairs this morning then hopefully finish off the trim on them. Hasn't quite been a year since I put the floors in so I'm still on track for completion some time in the same year. LOL I can't stand painting.

Big day today... Finishing the final term paper; trying to decorate the Christmas tree and getting the kids back to school.

Went to Lowes and bought an inexpensive but fairly well made plastic cabinet to use to cold stabilize my wine(s) I can fit 3- 5 gallon carboy and 2 1/2 gallon jugs.
Moscato is first on the list, just need to naturally clarify it and start making Spumante.
using Sparkolloid (thanks Dave) to clarify Lambrusco and Pinot Noir.
I is really amazing what one month can do to a wine, one month ago i was apprehensive about a few batches, today, I tasted all of them, and I am very happy with the results, a few minor adjustments and these will rock. I have to say, the Amarone was real good right after fermentation....now....pfffft....my wife and I agree, we haven't tasted a better wine, this is absolutely the best wine I've had. It may not suit everyone's taste, but damn....we are enjoying it!
I am glad I logged everything down in Brew Trax.
Tom

Last edited:
Tom, I guess you like Brew Trax? I've thought about trying something to keep track of everything.

Latest posts

Back