What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possum Stew with Brew

Billy, hind site is beautiful. I didn't think you'd touch anything not distilled down there in the hills. Probably would of gone good with your possum stew. Besides I am sure Julie would have snagged me along the way and grabbed everything anyways. Besides her and her husband cook beef and wings and not roadkill. Long story short..you get the pcture!

Coyote... I mean Wolf, for some reason the possums are getting mighty scarce around here. Can't even find any along the roadside anymore. I guess I'll have to break down and try some buffalo wings. Where do I get the buffalo meat from?
As far as likker... too much work... bottled some Blackberry Merlot the other night and SWMBO loved it. I am now going to try my hand at some beer... got a Karankawa Ale kit from AHS... mini-grain... will be brewing it up within the next week.
Don't you just hate to read the posts where folks get brewing stuff for free? Well, I found a guy on Craigslist that has 80+ beer bottles he wants to give away... bad news... he lives 50 miles from me... good news... he works at an auto plant 7 miles from my house. Meeting him tonight to pick up the bottles... all right!
From now on... wine, beer, and "store-bought" likker. Going completely legal... no worries.

Coyote... I mean Wolf, for some reason the possums are getting mighty scarce around here. Can't even find any along the roadside anymore. I guess I'll have to break down and try some buffalo wings. Where do I get the buffalo meat from?

Thats because you packed them all on hay wagons and sent them up north. I sure hope they taste better than they look.:h

Today I racked three wines, striped wallpaper and boarder off our family room walls to prepare for paint and chopped/scraped ice off my driveway. Love these above freezing days. Also picked up a few new carboys.:i

Today I pulled a sweet desktop compuetr out of the trash at the dump and will have that fixed for $50 on Monday, just a blown capacitor, only to come back home to my laptop and when I fired that up the screen blew! Okay that blows so I go onto my much slower desktop and when I fire that up an installation progarm comes up due to upgrading my internet the other day and since this computer is the only harwierd one on the network it must be done. I install that and somehwo it changes a DNS setting and screwed up something so that I couldnt get on the net. Took quite awhile to get this figurted out! Now I just have to see what ius going to be done with my laptop, I cant be using the ndesktop all day. The wife wont put up with me hiding in here all day so I might not be on as much for awhile.

take care of SWMBO 1st !
We will watch over the forum.
We have a few members who help us by "reporting" questionable posts / spam.
You know who you are please continue reporting these posts. Wade and the other mods can not be on 24-7 but it seams like it sometimes.

Been wanting to make my own BBQ/Smoker so I posted a wanted ad on craigslist for a broken water heater. Hour later I had a 50 gallon for 10 bucks. Got it all torn down, now for the fun part..... what, where, and how.

I would love to see what you are trying to make.
I just got a huge smoker (Browning Camp Chef) and LOVE it.
Last week I smoked 3 pork butts for 19 hours... Boy was that good. I plan on bringing 10# of pulled pork to my wine club meeting tomorrow.
Oh .. yes I infused some red wine in the pulled pork..

Hey Wade, I was wondering where you were all day. Computer issues Huh:c, well you know what I suggested the other day...STAY AWAY FROM HIM..lol :se Yeah theres been some spam, but we just sick killer on them:gb

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you and take care of the wife, or else:po

OMG! I actually had to lift a finger today! Actually had to work! Had to go do an audit and put in the report. But I'll get paid for today. Sweet!!

I won JD in a game of cribbage, and tonight we are going to try a bottle of that cheap wine I bought at WinCo to see how it measures up to two buck chuck!

Researched a bit for my next Pecan Wine recipe. I'll post it in that thread next week. It will be greatly different from my first pecan. Have to rack some wine on Moanday!

Happy Winemaking!
Suzi

Gotta love those dumpster computers. Mine came out of the dump. Went in through "the back door", set up a new administarator account, cleaned up all the previous owners crap, and it is now the best system I have ever had. I personally have had several comps myself from the dump and have seen several laptops come out of their as well.

We have like 7 "transfer stations" throughout the area. They have about 30 dumpsters each and a large covered concrete "pad" where people put things for others to take.

I could go on literally for hours on what I personally, and what others have found at these sites.

I have actually seen more than one person build garages and sheds from lumber and other building materials.

Last year someone suggested to ban "dumpster diving". Well at the borough assembly meeting, they had more people than ever show up at this meeting than ever before protesting this ridiculous idea.

We love our dumpsters.

Dumpster Diving

In this town, I dont think they have a place for that, and if I found a tossed computer, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it... in fact... I'm ready to kick this one to the curb!!

In my previous town, my best gardening stuff came from the garden center dumpster. You can not believe what they toss!!

GL with your dumpster dives!
Suzi

My laptop is shot, Called HP a few minutes ago and they said the LCD lights are about $400 when all is said and done!:(! As for the desktop I snagged from the dump today, its a custom made very high end model and when I brought it in to the store cause it does have a problem with a pop capacitor the guy looked at it and said "man, thats a sweet system" It has 4 fans in there and room for about 8 hardrives, I have more then that loaded with movies so Id like to figure out how to connect this to my new tv and watch these movies on their. I have around 16 180 gig hard drives with movies burned onto them, good movies, and this new tv has the connectors to hook a computer to it. Its a dual core processor with XP.

The computer Gods givith and taketh. Sounds sweet Wade, who knows whats on the HD. This computer I have came with over 2000 songs on it!! And a handful of great programs.

Dont give up on the laptop, my buddy found a high end toshiba laptop in the dump with a bad screen, the comp shop replaced the whole screen for about 200 skins, labor included. Real sweet laptop, like $2500 new.

Well, in an hour I will be heading to my monthly Wine Club Meeting here in So. Jersey.
Can't wait as I'm bringing some of my famous smoked pulled pork. Oh yea, some if my Italian Wine for "tasting" LOL!

Latest posts

Back