What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice,

How many do you have in your club? And do you guys normally meet at the same house or do you each take a turn?

I always think it would be nice to start a club. I hear there is one in Butler County but they seem rather elusive.

Julie

Active we have 30 something. Yes we meet at a different home ea month

Sitting here back on my laptop that HP said would cost over $400 to fix and that local paces do not fix!!!!!!! The place right down the road from me that is currenly working on a computer I brought them Saturday that I found at the dump siad they would do it so I brought it down there and hea sked me if I had a few minutes. He took it apart, grabbed a screen fro his shelf that was in a box sealed and threw it in and handed it back to me in 15 minutes flat for $100! I am very hapy with this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:db:h

Sitting here back on my laptop that HP said would cost over $400 to fix and that local paces do not fix!!!!!!! The place right down the road from me that is currenly working on a computer I brought them Saturday that I found at the dump siad they would do it so I brought it down there and hea sked me if I had a few minutes. He took it apart, grabbed a screen fro his shelf that was in a box sealed and threw it in and handed it back to me in 15 minutes flat for $100! I am very hapy with this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:db:h

Sweet deal, you don't get those type of deals anymore.

Julie

Last edited:
Got that other computer back today(the 1 I found at the dump) It is a Pentium 4 2.8ghz with a 250 gig hard rive in it, 2 DVD dual layer burners and 1 gig of Ram. $100 buck to fix Pop capacitors, and do a clean sweep and load my XP in there, it had Vista in there and I dont do Vista. It also has 4 fans in there, it was custom built with the clear sides and was probably for heavy gaming. This comp is pretty dang fast, way faster then my older gateway which was Pent 4 with 2.4 ghz but only 512 Ram.

I am NOT going outside! I decided to take today off, it was only 3 degrees this morning. I will do some backsweetening today because I need to get some of these carboys freed up. I still have approximately 40 pounds of elderberry and I have 3 different yeast slurries for skeeter pee. :db

Julie

Sitting here at work waiting on a 2 hour conference call. Oh Joy.....My 3 Y/O daughter asked me to stay home with her so she didn't have to go to daycare. Should have taken her up on the idea.....:h

What are you back sweetening Julie?

A conference call, boy I don't envy you, you should have taken up the 3 year old :slp. Boy Doug you have a wide range in your children's age.

Backsweetening a orange/pineapple, apple and a pear.

Also, keeping the house nice and toasty with the woodburner.

Julie

A conference call, boy I don't envy you, you should have taken up the 3 year old :slp. Boy Doug you have a wide range in your children's age.

Backsweetening a orange/pineapple, apple and a pear.

Also, keeping the house nice and toasty with the woodburner.

Julie

Sounds like a fun day for you. Nothing like a good fire whether it be in a fireplace or wood burner. Wish I had either that were functioning in my home.

I do have a wide range of children. They range from 23-3, 2 boys ages 23 and 20. A 17 y/o daughter and a 3 y/o daughter. The oldest 3 children are to my first wife who passed away in 1993 and my 3 y/o is to my current wife of (going on) 12 years. The 3 y/o absolutely idolizes her big sister and I'm sure will be heart broken when she leave for school. Luckily it's only around a 2 hr drive or less.

We started to remodel our house about 10 years ago. Actually we are pretty much building a new home while still living in it. One of the first things we did was created a great room instead of have separate rooms for the kitchen, dining room and living room and had my brother put up a brick wall and we went out and bought a wood burner. The wood burner we bought cost us $350 and today that same wood burner sells for $1200. With the woods in our back yard and our place in Tionesta we are never without firewood and boy does is save on the gas bill.

You are right, it is not a long drive to Edinboro, actually it goes pretty fast and I am sure your daughter will be coming home on the weekends, well the first year anyway. Each year they are away at college they seem to come home less and less.

Julie

Last edited:

It was -15 this morning when I got up this morning.

Not much wind so I think I'll go out and ding around. Kind of nice to want to rather that have to. :h

It was -15 this morning when I got up this morning.

Not much wind so I think I'll go out and ding around. Kind of nice to want to rather that have to. :h

-15?????? Don't do it, stay inside, that is freakin freezin!!

:<

Julie

-15 is not too bad.

Uncle sugar had us out at Fort Ripley near Little Falls in tents for 10 days at -35.

Now,THAT was a liitle cool. :sh

Had to feed the birds anyway

I am about to start soaking some labels off a few bottles. I am finally going to get my *** in gear and start bottling some of my wines for 2 reasons, one being because i have no other carboys to transfer wines to and another so I can start affew batches that are calling my name and have bee waiting in cue for some time.

I hear ya Wade about getting my axx in gear. Got carboys to rack and three kits to start. Been a rough week. Found out my job is being eliminated in two months. One of a thousand being cut in the company. Really sucks. I fill your pain knowing what you're going through basically something similar.

Our conmpany is bleeding out money they dont have due to bad management and also the economy. Im not sure we are going to be around much longer, they have cut our pay very recently if I havent told you. If we dont pick up fats we wont have jobs soon!

I hear ya Wade about getting my axx in gear. Got carboys to rack and three kits to start. Been a rough week. Found out my job is being eliminated in two months. One of a thousand being cut in the company. Really sucks. I fill your pain knowing what you're going through basically something similar.

WOW Dan,

Sorry to hear this. I am always complaining about not being paid what I should be but at least I have a job and I don't believe it will be eliminated. Working for a school district gives me a little more security than working in the private section. School districts do not normally close down. I just had a friend who's job was eliminated.

Hang in there you never know maybe something better will come along.

Julie

Latest posts

Back