What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie, you have sons all over the place. If they only knew what you and your husband have been making they probably be back home again! When we went to buy a new mattress for the bed in the spare bedroom we asked the sales person for a 72 hour mattress. He was a bit confused. I explained, after any guests sleeps on it for three nights they will be ready to go home. :w

LOL, my husband thinks exactly like you. He keeps telling me we need to be loving and supportive but we need to stop making the chldren feel at home here. Megan moved back last year and moved right into the room in the basement that we were going to make a wine room. :slp

Julie

Julie, I am supportive of my son and his pregnant senorita in Texas... I'm gonna be a grand dad all over again! Fantastic! But... Wolf... why in the world would anyone buy a new mattress for the guest room?
I don't think I'd better say anything else, but you Mom's, Dad's, Grandma's, and Grandpa's know what I am thinking. It is best left unsaid, isn't it?

Fixing a $25 vacuum pump I bought on Ebay. You get what you pay for. Motor didn't turn. 1 hour, some shims and a little compressor oil later it was running like a top. (Gomco, so if you have similar problems, message me)

What am I doing

Returned from Laughlin, NV. (65 degrees) early monday morning. -25 degrees here.

Other than a little welding for my brother I am setting arounf the house reading.

Im ready to start drinking heavy. Im a little pissed off as we just got a 10% pay cut indefinitely!:po:m Ive already cut everything to the bone here! I really dont know what else we could cut to make up for that!

I am really sorry to hear about your bad luck. Sometimes I wonder if companies really do need to do pay cuts or if they are doing pay cuts because of the economy and are taking advantage of the situation.

Julie

doing today

Says a great deal about union membership.

I am retired, age 71. Retired at 67.

For the first part of my working life I was non-union.

Got involved with unions when our bosses took a large salary increase and then told us no increase for us peons.

Unionized and found we could negotiate and define our working conditions by enforceable contract.

Spent a large number of years as union steward.

Never did get promoted but had a great deal of satisfaction negotiating, enforcing our contracts and messing with the wheels. :p

Figured I would give beer a try so I took a 3 hour Beginners class at Bader Brewing and Winery. Seems easy enough. I got all the ingredients for Northwest Pale Ale (Mirror Pond clone), so I'll put it together this weekend.

Alright, no more complaining about the snow. Now I am bragging! We have clearly gotten over four feet of snow and still have snow advisories through tomorrow night. It would really suck if I had to use this door to escape. :r In reality though I would rather have this snow than the temperatures you guys are having out west and what Troy is having in Fairbanks. Hopefully it'll blow out of here and head further east.

Jan42010.jpg

Hey Dan,

I believe you are getting an additional 13" of snow in the next couple of days, that shoud cover that door completely! You better have gone out and got yourself some bread and milk! :)

Julie

Ok, here goes...

Yesterday I freed a carboy by bottling my first (and perhaps last) white wine. (I'm not big on whites). Today I will use my Christmas present, a minijet filter, for the first time and filter a batch of Rosso Fortisimo. Next, stabilize a batch of Stag's Leap Merlot, then I'll start a batch of Italian Amarone.

If I get that all done I will then celebrate with a glass of wine. :d

Ok, here goes...

Yesterday I freed a carboy by bottling my first (and perhaps last) white wine. (I'm not big on whites). Today I will use my Christmas present, a minijet filter, for the first time and filter a batch of Rosso Fortisimo. Next, stabilize a batch of Stag's Leap Merlot, then I'll start a batch of Italian Amarone.

If I get that all done I will then celebrate with a glass of wine. :d

Oh No, I believe protocol says that you have to have a glass of wine after you filter the Fortisimo, then another glass after you stabilize the Merlot and then another glass after you start the Amarone. :dg

Julie

Sitting front row waiting for Anthony Bourdain to come out on stage!

Hey Dan,

I believe you are getting an additional 13" of snow in the next couple of days, that shoud cover that door completely! You better have gone out and got yourself some bread and milk! :)

Julie

Julie, I am off tomorrow. I will try to post some pictures from the yard. My daughter had to put snow shoes on today to clear the snow of the Dish antenna.

dang guava's didn't unthaw fast enough to work on them! the cold out here (single digits) makes it hard to keep a 100 yr old house warm. booo. i think i'm getting a taste of 'cid's weather and getting outside to get some firewood is a major pain. i can't imagine having to go to an outhouse in this!

Hey Dan,

Julie

Julie you make it sound like I am going to be in prison with milk and bread..LOL. Well we got about 5" so far and more is expected. I have a good snow blower but the hard packed snow is starting to cause ruts in the driveway and roads. I did make it down to Meadville to pick up my limited edition WE Trio Blanca. When I took these pictures today I had to wear snow shoes as the snow is up to my waste in the yard.

DSCN1575.jpg
DSCN1584.jpg
DSCN1592.jpg
DSCN1594.jpg
DSCN1597.jpg

Last edited:
Back