What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, birds and everything else loves raspberries, the birds also like to regenerate them onto your car afterwards like stealing your fruit wasnt bad enough to begin with!!! :m:cw

Bottled up 54 bottles of 5 flavors of wine for a wedding this Saturday. This will be the third wedding this year. I am dangerously low on wine! Thank God the harvest season for cherries started today. 28 gallons worth of carboy sitting empty is a crime I believe.

Just recieved my first 2 bottles from the wine of the season club (amazingclubs.com) Wife got it for me from my new born baby girl for my first fathers day this year. think she spent to much but oh well its the thought that counts. First bottle is a 2005 Chardonnay from Nardone Baker. the second is from the Iron Chef collection. 2007 Chianti Estate bottled by Castelli Del Grevepesa Haven't decided if i want to save them or just pop them open and try them. I looked them up and the one is $12 bottle and the other is a $7.00 bottle. The club def seems a little pricey to me. $135 for 8 bottles of wine.

On the flip side at least i get to try some different wines that i wouldn't normally go out and buy!

Just recieved my first 2 bottles from the wine of the season club (amazingclubs.com) Wife got it for me from my new born baby girl for my first fathers day this year. think she spent to much but oh well its the thought that counts. First bottle is a 2005 Chardonnay from Nardone Baker. the second is from the Iron Chef collection. 2007 Chianti Estate bottled by Castelli Del Grevepesa Haven't decided if i want to save them or just pop them open and try them. I looked them up and the one is $12 bottle and the other is a $7.00 bottle. The club def seems a little pricey to me. $135 for 8 bottles of wine.

On the flip side at least i get to try some different wines that i wouldn't normally go out and buy!

Averages $16.875 per bottle!! OUCH!!

I'm in a wine kit of the month club at my LHBS. At least it seems that way to my wallet

Bottled up 54 bottles of 5 flavors of wine for a wedding this Saturday. This will be the third wedding this year. I am dangerously low on wine! Thank God the harvest season for cherries started today. 28 gallons worth of carboy sitting empty is a crime I believe.

You have a good chance of bottle shock drinking so soon.

In Laurel MD till Thursday training.

Tom I thought it was the mind that was first to go. I guess you might call this "back to the basics" with the "two P's". :)

DSCI0947.jpg

And then today I modified the raspberry netting. My supporting crossarms were only 4' across and the row of raspberries have grown wider so I extended the crossarms so they are now 8' across. Nylon netting and raspberry brambles are not friendly with each other. Now I can almost walk inside the netting when I pick. But will I have to make the netting longer so I can close up the ends of the row better. It never ends. Gotta keep thinking raspberry wine. :sm

Modified raspberry netting   6 28 11.jpg

Just got back from a week-long visit with friends and relatives in Columbus, Ohio and Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Got up early and bottle 5 gals. of skeeter tea before work today
should be a great day! lol got to love the left overs! :dg
Figured i might as well bottle it so we have something a little different to drink up at the lake. Everybody have a Happy & Safe 4th! Try not to get too much blood in your alcohol systems!!!:d

My 4 y/o is sleeping, my MIL is sleeping, I decided to try a glass of my Ruby Cabernet. I must say in the last 3 months since i tried it (maybe 2) I have to say it has improved significantly.

I was going to cut the grass but it's too hot and I have to go work the FD booth at the local festival this evening. I would much rather have another glass or 2 of Ruby Cab and call it a day. I should have taken a nap also.

My 4 y/o is sleeping, my MIL is sleeping, I decided to try a glass of my Ruby Cabernet. I must say in the last 3 months since i tried it (maybe 2) I have to say it has improved significantly.

I was going to cut the grass but it's too hot and I have to go work the FD booth at the local festival this evening. I would much rather have another glass or 2 of Ruby Cab and call it a day. I should have taken a nap also.

Keep drinkin the ruby you'll be nappin real soon in this heat.:):)

Back