What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys, I did it. I got the Droid Incredible. Now all I have to do is learn how to use it. If you have any hints, I'll be listening. What apps do I need? :db

Helo vino is cool
Flashlight
Compass

OK, some of these are self explanatory but can you clue some of us in on what these apps are. Ill probably be getting another phone eventually.

OK, some of these are self explanatory but can you clue some of us in on what these apps are. Ill probably be getting another phone eventually.

Hello Vino helps U pick a food pairing

Flashlight.. hello??

Compass.. hello...

The level, this is cool.

And not sure if they have this app for driods but for iphone it is called Around Me. It is great if you are traveling, it will let you know what restautants, motels, gas stations, etc. are around the area that you are currently in.

If I had a nickel for every wine app on my iPhone I would have about a quarter!

Wine Guide
Wine PhD
Wine Ratings
NatDecants
Cellar
Wine Spectator Mobile

For places to eat by City:

Local Eats
Urbanspoon

Weather related:

The Weather Channel
Weather Bug (Elite)

If you have Netflix the Netflix streaming app is amazing. Works on WiFi or 3G.

Its my Friday off. Heading to ABQ to make a Costco run. Will swing by the Apple store and see if I can snag a new 64GB iPad2! :D

Came into work early today to get the filter running.. Have 1300 gallons of a white blend consisting of vidal blanc, gewurztraminer, and peach concentrate.

Julie I got the Level and that is cool
cooking conversion - measurement conversions
flybys - good one - tells you what time satellites are flying over you house and just how visible they are and which one it is
goggle sky map - good one - point droid at sky and it identifies planets and constellations
goggle translate - translate one language to another
scanner radio - lets you listen to police/fire dept where ever you are
the weather channel - Mike is right the weather bug elite is better
Volume conversion - see above
zillow - drive around and it will tell you the value of each house you are driving by

Staying the hell out of the water!

Tsunami warnings and advisories issued for the whole west coast of the USA and several (19+) other countries including NZ, AUS, the west coast of the americas - all stemming from the 8.9 earthquake yesterday off of japan.

Other than that, its friday and hopefully we dont get our feet wet..

No :fsh today

Ordered my Chilean Juice this morning. Ordered some capusles from PI Wine and placed my order with George. Tonight I'm taking the family to Ichiban for dinner then making a decision as to what to bring to the get together tomorrow.

Staying the hell out of the water!

Tsunami warnings and advisories issued for the whole west coast of the USA and several (19+) other countries including NZ, AUS, the west coast of the americas - all stemming from the 8.9 earthquake yesterday off of japan.

Other than that, its friday and hopefully we dont get our feet wet..

No :fsh today

WOW I am watching video's on Fox right now. Unbelievable! I just can't even imagine this kind of disaster and its not even over yet

WOW I am watching video's on Fox right now. Unbelievable! I just can't even imagine this kind of disaster and its not even over yet

Yes this is horrible, my stomach dropped to my feet because I have a son who lives in South Korea and that is just across the Sea of Japan. Jason assures me he is fine becasue this is all headed across the ocean towards the US.

Now I am finding out my daughter-in-law's brother is currently in Hawaii on vacation.

I sincerely hope everyone who has family or friends in a trouble zone that everyone is safe.

We had a wonderful dinnner this evening as a family at ichiban. A good time was had by all. Looking forward to tomorrow.

We also have a member in Hawaii, hope he is alright!!!! Me, Im going o do some more wine work today. Probably get the Chard. off the wine diamonds and filter it. Then Ill bottle the Blueberry Melomel.

Racking MM Meglioli off lees today. Going to make this one exactly according instructions except planning 3 months in vadai barrel starting in July. That should give this expensive puppy 8 months bulk aging. Maybe taste a couple splits at Christmas and next Valentine. Try to keep out of the 750's till next summer.:dg

Visiting three different wineries to pick up bottles. Then the washing and scraping will begin.

Ordered a 3 gal carboy from George with some yeast & other goodies that I needed on Thursday evening so I can start my Blueberry/Pomengranate. I needed a extra 3 gal as i am currently waiting on my Peach Icewine & Blackberry Port all needing that size. Much to my suprise, they are here already on Saturday morning!!!
Great service George!!! I wasn't expecting it till next week. Will probably start it tomorrow as I'll probably not feel like it later tonight after the Western PA get-together this afternoon.........:br:br
Al

Well since I've been scarce this week I'll start with last week.
Sunday during the downpour, we visited 3 wineries. Me Kat and my friend Jenna. Had to push the car out of the mud at one vineyard becuase his parking lot had flooded.
And this week went by quickly. I bought a small deep fryer and made chicken wings last night. We had an assortment of beers and opened up a bottl eof my pinot noir. Yum!
Today I put in two concord vines. Hopefully I bought them in time this year. They weren't dried out like last years attempt.
I should be ready to start some major gardening in about 2-3 weeks.
Now I'm just relaxing a bit.

Got home a little bit ago from DJRockinSteve's house. A good time was definately had. Cut up 36 jalepeno peppers and 6 hot banana peppers and started a 4 gallon batch of pepper wine. Will likely experiment with this batch and back sweeten some of it with various other juices. Starting SG was 1.080 using 12 cans of Welches frozen grape concentrate as a base.

Latest posts

Back