What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure where or what happened, the world may never know.

Enjoying my newly expanded and remodeled wine cellar. :sm

Allen-2.jpg

Last edited:
Second last day of family holidays. We have had a blast during our "Stay-Cation". Swimming, street parties, tinkertown, more swimming, and lots and LOTS of napping. Well, I got to nap, the kids had enforced "quiet time".

I have to go back to work for a week, then the Hubster and I are off for our 10th wedding anniversary for a WHOLE WEEK OFF just the two of us, going just north of Toronto in wine country, beer territory, and micro-distilleries heaven. I can't wait! Am nervous about leaving the kiddos for a whole week, but we have all sort of family and friends stepping up to help. It helps that my kids are the "good ones"! Lol.

Makes me feel weird that Bry and I passed our half-life marker this year without realizing it. together for 17 years, we're both 33, and 10 years married with 2 kids and a dog! Lol, just what we always wanted :)

took my wife to Ohio to visit the wineries there for a delayed 29th anniversary. We very much appreciated the wines, but not how the tastings are conducted. We felt like we were given a Mcdonalds tray with one ounce wine samples and left to judge for ourselves.

When we do our tastings, I feel part of the ambience is chatting with the server/wine maker. I like it because I'm a BIG BSer and like to talk about wines. People seem to appreciate this interaction.

We are preparing for another fundraising wine event in Pittsburgh to benefit the Animal Rescue League. Next weekend will be in Somerset to help a volunteer fire department. It's our way of giving back to the community.

took my wife to Ohio to visit the wineries there for a delayed 29th anniversary. We very much appreciated the wines, but not how the tastings are conducted. We felt like we were given a Mcdonalds tray with one ounce wine samples and left to judge for ourselves.

When we do our tastings, I feel part of the ambience is chatting with the server/wine maker. I like it because I'm a BIG BSer and like to talk about wines. People seem to appreciate this interaction.

We are preparing for another fundraising wine event in Pittsburgh to benefit the Animal Rescue League. Next weekend will be in Somerset to help a volunteer fire department. It's our way of giving back to the community.

Where at in Somerset?

Back sweetened the Elderberry to 1.004. Pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, I'm almost out of corks and really no spare cash to order another 1000 corks. Time to bulk age a little longer and maybe oak 12 gallons of it for a month or so.

we also bottled 10 gallons of Pee, which we will market as a Lemon Kiss. A little too sweet for my taste, but the taste tester said it was fine.

Resisting the urge to get stinking drunk. Ever have one of those weeks where everything went wrong? I just finished one. Now I'm headed into town for dinner with my wife. No phones this week end...garden, pool...no people...no thinking....garden, pool...just ease back down.

The only bright spot is there is no way next week could be any worse.

Got to work at 6am welded all day. Then came home to cut grass weed eat cooked burgers ate burgers! Fixed fence. Fed dogs and chickens. Picked up kid. Took kid and friend to movies. Picked. Kid up from movies. Ate cheesecake with glass of sangria! Plotting my next batch.

Combined and stabilized 28 gallons of Red Muscadine from October 2015. Will backsweeten next month and try to bottle before the arrival of fall juice then allow to age in bottles.

* Some security audit work I brought home to work on over the weekend
* Laundry
* Grocery shopping
* Hanging out with the GF
* At 4pm, my monthly community wine tasting. This week no regions. It's bring your favorite wine to share with the group.

Not actually bringing my favorite wine though. Only a few members of the group have tasted Caymus Cabernet. Most of them have not. Given how unique it is, I figured I would lets everyone in my group try it this month. (2013 vintage)

Just walked around the neighborhood for the last hour and a half looking for Pokemon with the kids, my neighbors, and their two boys. Amazing how big Pokemon Go is. I couldn't believe how many people - young and old - were our looking.

Just walked around the neighborhood for the last hour and a half looking for Pokemon with the kids, my neighbors, and their two boys. Amazing how big Pokemon Go is. I couldn't believe how many people - young and old - were our looking.

I keep hearing about this, but haven't quite figured it out.

So, your phone's gps IDs spots where you can "collect" these cartoon characters? What do you do with them once you have collected them?

Latest posts

Back