What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice early morning run. Now relaxing for a bit, then 'defogging' headlights on the wife's car, and detailing mine (its filthy). Some other yard work later, then I might put some butt on the smoker overnight. :HB

Got up at 6:30am, got a brisket in the smoker. Tomorrow, Im doing a brewery tour (fathers day gift) Coach bus to and from. Kife is good!

Attending a local event. The one restaurant we like to go to is having a summer event. They have a variety of breweries, wineries giving samples and making speciality martinis, serving wings, mac n cheese and pretzels all for r $15!

Racking the Eclipse Riesling and then starting the Eclipse Stag's Leap Merlot. Then just relax with the GF.

Am I the only one with idle hands right now? I've got 6 wines in carboys downstairs... The oldest one was started in November. Bottling in August for 3-4 of them. I've cleaned and de-labeled bottles already... But, I feel like I should be making more wine.

Am I the only one with idle hands right now? I've got 6 wines in carboys downstairs... The oldest one was started in November. Bottling in August for 3-4 of them. I've cleaned and de-labeled bottles already... But, I feel like I should be making more wine.

Mine are fairly idle as well. I have the Chileans going through MLF and need to do a chromatography soon. Have a red kit waiting to go and should probably get that started. Yesterday, I did do some barrel swapping with the 2015 Cab and Syrah, so at least I did something.

My youngest (our little scientist) saw commercials for Shark Week earlier this weekend and has been obsessed ever since. So we're watching shark shows, and he's all over it.

I think you should be making more wine and sending me more samples of the wine you are making. How else will I ever learn how to make good wine?

I have 12 aging and 3 old enough to bottle. I figure my lack of action will actually make for a better wine in the long run.

I think you should be making more wine and sending me more samples of the wine you are making. How else will I ever learn how to make good wine?

I have 12 aging and 3 old enough to bottle. I figure my lack of action will actually make for a better wine in the long run.

Wait, you've been making wine longer than me. At the very least, you'll have better wine longer. :)

Wait, you've been making wine longer than me. At the very least, you'll have better wine longer. :)

Yes, by maybe a month or two, that is true. But I was dabbling in fruit wines and Welches, you made a wine from a kit with non Concord or Niagara grapes before I did (I think my first kit was a Viognier in April 2015).

And after sampling some of yours, I don't think I would say any of mine are "better" than yours.

Felt how nice it was when I stepped out of the house at 5:40 this a.m., so after checking the landscape at work, decided to take a 1/2 day and work on my neglected landscape around the house. Kids of course took the opportunity to get special fare made for lunch, but that only cost me about 45 minutes of my worktime, which in the end I didn't need since I can hardly move right now.

Spent about 2 hours cutting, trimming and weed wacking. Then took some time to make a really nice grilled meatloaf. Hopefully the wind will die down so I can coat the areas that I wacked with some weed killer. (Only posted one before and after as to not bore the heck out of you'all, you can assume the weeds were bad on all four sides of the house).

All in all, it was an incredibly beautiful day around these parts (last image from my garage as I opened up my first Labatt's Blue).

6-29-16_weeds-1.jpg

6-29-16_weeds-gone-1.jpg

6-29-16_beautiful-day.jpg

I have been thinking about this for a few months now, work has really gone to the three ring circus act. So I put in my retirement. Effective this fall, just in time for some serious winemaking. :db

Congrats!!

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back