What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, I am very impressed with the bread. I'll bet it was delicious. Sure looks great and right out of the oven with butter...yummo!

Rocky, I think you meant TOM LMFAO!!!! I guess I didn't leave a lasting impression on Rocky...LOL
The bread was great, I made three loaves, the 2 loaves that were "allowed" to sit and rest for a bit were amazing, even the kids loved it.
I had to tweak the recipe a little, but I'd really like to see what Bakerinvinyard could suggest for a recipe that a regular person could make.

Jealous! See if you can hit Lauren Ashton Cellars they are in Woodinville and on the verge making a real name for themselves. Kit the owner/winemaker is a Dentist turned winemaker. Efeste is another not to miss in the Warehouse district. Daniel "Big Papa" will talk your ears off. All nice people willing to share knowledge!

Heading out to visit with owners of urban wineries in the Seattle area. Learning a TON about the Washington wine industry here.

Thanks Mike. Both are on my list to see today. There's a big event in Woodinville today so I hope I can elbow my way through and get to talk to the folks.

Sorry, Tom, of course I meant you. Your bread seems to have that body that we like in our homemade bread. Bev uses both white and whole wheat flour in her recipe. It is so good, it is like eating dessert! I remember my Father complaining about some store bought bread that it was like "chewing gum." We make almost all of our bread. Nothing like it with some wine, sopressata, olives and cheese.

There bourbon is excellent...very well done and they take great pride in it.
I would get some there if you can.

My wife and kids are decorating a tree that has sprouted in my living room ( bah-humbug!)

I am doing laundry, taking trash out, changing cat liter. Then drinking some IPA and watching some fooooootball!!!!!!!!!

I still haven't fully wrapped my head around the whole sacred animals thing. There all pretty darn tasty to me

Really? Care for some horse? How about a real hot dog?

In Europe, I could never get myself to order a horse steak, even though I was curious to see how it tasted. In Japan, I was served raw horse, but did not know it was horse. (I thought it was beef.) I ate it, it was plenty tasty. The next day, we were served the same thing, but this waiter spoke English, and told us it was raw horse. "Ummm, wellllll, I ate it yesterday, so I suppose I should be fine with eating it today." I did, but I don't think I enjoyed it as much.

I do have to agree with your puzzlement, plowboy. "Hmmm, I will eat THAT large mammal, but not THAT one." And yet, I still likely won't order horse next time I see it on a menu.

Well, yesterday I finally finished that piece of furniture I was describing earlier this week. Here it is! Our friend has an old church lectern that she uses for cookbooks. I thought it was a great idea, but had to build my own. The woods are maple and purpleheart.

lectern.jpg

give yourself some credit, becuase thats gorgeous...did you use bisguit joints are dado,are just butt the two woods together...
nice piece.

Out of all the critters I have shot over the years I have not eaten chipmunk, skunk, raccoon, fox, coyote or possum. Horse, lamb, goat, deer, moose, quail, pheasant, bear, elk, duck, goose, rabbit, and even squirrel have found there way onto my plate

i have eaten possum and raccoon,bear,elk,deer,ducks,geese,quail,alligator,turtle,rabbit,squirrel,peigon
beaver and buffalo.
I am never eating sushi...I cant even stomach the smell of fish when i clean them.

well, the 1" of snow we were supposed to get before it changed to sleet and freezing rain has turned into about 6 to 8 inches. Just finished shoveling the 100 foot long drive way. I was going to bottle the Skeeter pee today, but I think I'll just drink it instead. I'm beat!

Rocky, I think you meant TOM LMFAO!!!! I guess I didn't leave a lasting impression on Rocky...LOL
The bread was great, I made three loaves, the 2 loaves that were "allowed" to sit and rest for a bit were amazing, even the kids loved it.
I had to tweak the recipe a little, but I'd really like to see what Bakerinvinyard could suggest for a recipe that a regular person could make.

Tom, I would be glad to send a recipe for bread to you, we make it in 100 loaf increments. How many do you want to make 200 ? LOL. Right after the holidays I'll send you a formula. I'm too stressed out with the holiday production in work to do anything now. Bakervinyard

That's nice, I need to do that for my wife. She's been taking care of her father, and she needs a break like that.

Annual Glogg and gingerbread making party: done. Glogg for the parents, kids made the cookies... Now to clean up... 20 kids can make a holy mess if you give them half the chance.

give yourself some credit, becuase thats gorgeous...did you use bisguit joints are dado,are just butt the two woods together...
nice piece.

Well, thank you. The joints are just butt joints with Tite-Bond II wood glue. I actually looked into (finally) buying either a biscuit joiner or a doweling jig, but in the end I decided to just glue it. (I have built a number of pieces this way.) I am happy with how it turned out, and I thank you all who responded and/or liked it!

Out of all the critters I have shot over the years I have not eaten chipmunk, skunk, raccoon, fox, coyote or possum. Horse, lamb, goat, deer, moose, quail, pheasant, bear, elk, duck, goose, rabbit, and even squirrel have found there way onto my plate

Plowboy, I have not had the pleasure of most of those, but I think my tastes are the same as yours; I would eat everything on your "eat list," and nothing on your "don't eat list." I guess we come from the same culture! (My student, who is not from our culture, would scoff at your not eating the "don't eat" things!)

James, there are a few on your "eat list" that I would have trouble with, viz., possum and raccoon. I am not sure how I feel about beaver (the animal, that is). Sushi is awesome; I don't even like fish, believe it or not, but I am happy to sink my teeth into sushi.

Back