What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, the rain cancelled the apple picking, but I sanitized more bottles, racked 8 gallons of Skeeter Pee, added oak to the Beaugelois and started a WE Raspberry Dragonfruit White shiraz kit.

Even with the bottler gone away to school, I need to start bottling to free up some carboys.

Actually yesterday but.. racked the Welches, racked and back sweetened the Skeeter Pee, bottled 25 liters of Pinot Nior that was bulk aging ( could've kept it longer but need to clear the decks for the wedding wine).
Today going to the Dentist. :slp

Hmmmm, I'm starting to think I screwed up my watermelon wine. I'm 4 days into fermentation and it has had a funky smell since day 2. It's only my second batch from scratch so odds are I did something wrong. Ill let it ride cause who know, it might come back around

Picking up my Mother at the airport, she is staying with us for a while, I'll try to show her how to make Wine and beer again...lol... she enjoys a glass of Moscato with dinner, I have a 6 gallon batch that I'll cold stabilize soon and back sweeten just a little bit to her taste.
Got to keep Mom happy, she's dealt with my crabby arse all of these years...LOL
I am going to attempt to add some of the homemade strawberry extract and make a few bottles of Fragolina (strawberry infused Asti Spumante type sparkling wine) and maybe infuse a bottle or two of the Moscato - A big thanks goes out to Saramc for the recipe and the link to buy the strawberries, you rock!

I finally got my puter back! The cooling fan crapped out and I had to send it back for repair. Now I have a lot to catch up on. I did manage to pick 100 pounds of elderberries, steam juice them and now happily fermenting away in the winery. It is amazing what you can get done when you don't have a computer to distract you with!

Lost a 650 lb pumpkin today...went into the garden to find that it had split...grrrrr..... on a good note, my hops are producing very well for the first year.

Picked a boat load of tomatoes and a few Bell peppers today and made fresh tomato sauce and stuffed peppers....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I finally got my puter back! The cooling fan crapped out and I had to send it back for repair. Now I have a lot to catch up on. I did manage to pick 100 pounds of elderberries, steam juice them and now happily fermenting away in the winery. It is amazing what you can get done when you don't have a computer to distract you with!

I have about 40 pounds picked and should get another 40 pounds this weekend

Lost a 650 lb pumpkin today...went into the garden to find that it had split...grrrrr..... on a good note, my hops are producing very well for the first year.

Picked a boat load of tomatoes and a few Bell peppers today and made fresh tomato sauce and stuffed peppers....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Tom, obviously you didn't make your weekly contribution to the Pumpkin Mob!

big-pumpkin-carving.jpg

Getting the girl ready to go back to college on Friday. It's fun being empty nesters, but I do miss the kids when they're not here.

But we are looking forward to the PA get together next weekend

I managed about 35 lbs total. Darn remodel project got in the way....LOL

The ones at camp are not ready, will be this weekend and I had a friend who picked my about 40 #'s last weekend. This weekend will be it.

The bush by the convention center still looks pretty full however there is no place to park near there without paying. I should have enough for a 5 gallon batch but not much more. Bumming it pretty bad, but the bedroom is remodeled which was (I can't believe I'm saying this) more important. And hey, I have a drywall lift now.....

bought a 72 pantera a month ago..today I start the restoration.
racking some strawberry/cantaloupe, and bottling a small 3 gallon batch of blackberry.

Bottling day for my Dragons blood I think. I cant see it getting any clearer there is litteraly no sediment in the bottom

Racked and stabilized my latest batch of Mojito Skeeter Pee last night. With any luck this weekend I'll get it back sweetened then allow it to clear some more eefore adding mint and rum/rum extract.

This evenning I'll be starting the hardwood flooring in the bedroom. Can't wait to be done with this project. I have 2 more pieces of trim that need to be made for under the window sills but they are calling for rain again so that will have to wait since my basement is now my wine making area and there is no room for wood working there now.

Back