What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug, if you don't haven't a dry wall carrying tool, use a framing hammer, works great. and you should look into renting a dryway lift, especially if you are doing ceiling. And the ceiling goes up first before the walls.

Doug, if you don't haven't a dry wall carrying tool, use a framing hammer, works great. and you should look into renting a dryway lift, especially if you are doing ceiling. And the ceiling goes up first before the walls.

Have a drywall carrier, considering buying a lift ($200 at Harbor Freight) and I know the ceiling goes up first.....I picked up the drywall and have it in the hallway. Got it in before dinner and the rain. Now, I'm enjoying a Concord Niagra.

Hey Doug do you have the long handle tool for carrying drywall and plywood. I got one at harbor freight and they're not too bad.

I do have one Dan, they work well. Not sure it will work for getting the drywall to the 2nd floor. Have to play the role of a contortionist at the landing to get full sheets around the corner. It's a joy. I'm considering buying a lift. I have one more room to do and my son is doing his house as well.

Have a drywall carrier, considering buying a lift ($200 at Harbor Freight) and I know the ceiling goes up first.....I picked up the drywall and have it in the hallway. Got it in before dinner and the rain. Now, I'm enjoying a Concord Niagra.

Lol, well you divinely desire the concord/niagara! And the drywall lift is worth purchasing.

Lol, well you divinely desire the concord/niagara! And the drywall lift is worth purchasing.

if I buy it an you guys need it just let me know. You know where it is. I went on Thursday, they told me the had 2 in on Tuesday both were gone. Have 2 trucks coming in Monday, going to call and reserve one. I have wiring and insulation to keep me busy until tomorrow evening when I start the ceiling. I need to get some pics with everything cleaned up. Tried to get pics of the window, but it was too bright outside and you can't see the wall..

if I buy it an you guys need it just let me know. You know where it is. I went on Thursday, they told me the had 2 in on Tuesday both were gone. Have 2 trucks coming in Monday, going to call and reserve one. I have wiring and insulation to keep me busy until tomorrow evening when I start the ceiling. I need to get some pics with everything cleaned up. Tried to get pics of the window, but it was too bright outside and you can't see the wall..

Thanks Doug, we have one but we are using it so couldn't offer it to you. But like I said it is well worth owning one, lol, you can use it for more then drywall!

Just think, I gave up picking Elderberries for 2 days of strenuous exercise. May have to try and sneak away one afternoon this week. I only picked about 30 lbs so far.... It's depressing me to the point where I'm actually holing off drinking any of the 2012 elderberry. I did find 4 bottles of the 2011 Elderberry though...

Oh that and about 600 rounds of 7.62X39 mm ammo that I didn't know I had....LOL and Lucky Me.

Oh that and about 600 rounds of 7.62X39 mm ammo that I didn't know I had
Doug, I'd keep that info to yourself, it won't be too long until we all are supposed to go register our weapons...... no need to give anyone any more info than they need to know...what is this country coming to...

Just bottled 58 bottles of coastal white, unfortunately 12 of them were a little cloudy. Oh well, good fiber.

yesterday I bottled 25 bottles of concord grape/blackberry Skeeter Pee.

Next will be 10 gallons of Muscadine and Blackberry blend.

Doug, I'd keep that info to yourself, it won't be too long until we all are supposed to go register our weapons...... no need to give anyone any more info than they need to know...what is this country coming to...

I have the ammo, the gun fell to the bottom of the lake last time I went fishing....;););)

Well the project is coming along. All insulation is in, I went from having 4 outlets in the room to having 8 and I have 1 wall in drywall. Ceilings are 9' high so I still have a 1' piece to install after the ceilings.

Called harbor freight. they have 1 lift in stock after today's delivery already on hold until close of business today. Gentleman there said it's mine if it's still there at 9:00 when they close. He said he will call and let me know. I'll be there at 8 am if I get a call.

Taking today off;

Spent yesterday moving 4 yards of topsoil in the front yard, ripped out one 10ft maple tree and another 4ft maple tree

Before:

7987d1367533033-pnw-wine-garden-cimg2951.jpg

7988d1367533033-pnw-wine-garden-cimg2957.jpg

You can see where the portion was marked for removal in the second picture; these fuchsias (for anyone watching my garden thread), ended up there:

CIMG3106_zps6d6a2804.jpg

& After:

CIMG3219_zps0b36c28e.jpg

CIMG3227_zpsfabfc708.jpg

More to do yet, but it's coming together

My chromatography test shows that MLF has completed on both the Malbec and Cabernet; time to rack and sulfite both and set to clear naturally; it'll be at least 5 months before they are rotated into the oak barrels.

So it was actually yesterday

I just wanted everyone to see my whopper from fishing. Sad to say it wasn't the smallest one either.

IMG_2062.jpg

Well all but 2 small pieces of drywall are hung. The 2 remaining pieces are on the chimney and need to be glued once the bottom piece dries. I have every thing in a first coat of compound with the exception of chimney and one corner seam. Yesterday was the big push day. Hung 12 sheets of drywall with 8 of them being on the ceiling. I did end up purchasing a drywall lift. What a life saver that was.

Tomorrow will be second coat and hopefully final coat on Friday.

Getting the guns cleaned up. Damn deer ate the peaches off the lower branches. Left my Elderberries alone though.......:gb:gb

The deer have ambushed my tomatoes and giant pumpkin plants...grrrrrrrr
I finally got to racking and stabilizing my Cab Sav and Malbec, added Oak infusion sprials to both, Heavy - French for the Cab, Medium Plus french for the Malbec.

Worked. Replaced the kitchen faucet. Did s'mores by the fire pit with the neighbors, then mixed up the blueberry port. I'll pitch the yeast tomorrow.

lets see...firing up the generators, buying 200 gallons of diesel,buying 50 lbs of propane, 50 lbs of charcoal.
250lbs of reg ice, 50lbs of dry ice,enough food for 2 weeks, not including whats in freezers,25 cases of water, whiskey,vodka,brandy,rum with all the mixes...
10 rolls of 16 inch by 100-0 bubble wrap for my wine, if i have to pack in ice chest.
its party season on the gulf..

Latest posts

Back