What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandy chased us out of florida, but we got home safe and sound. Going to drop off some cases of bottles tomorrow, and rack the Steuben, Cayuga and Pinot Grigio. And if my bottler stays home long enough, to bottle the Barolo....

Sandy chased us out of florida, but we got home safe and sound. Going to drop off some cases of bottles tomorrow, and rack the Steuben, Cayuga and Pinot Grigio. And if my bottler stays home long enough, to bottle the Barolo....

Where are you dropping bottles off?

Heading to Seely's Furniture in Ohio to pick up a new bed for my daughter. Mother in law has been staying with us on weekends and the air matress isn't cutting it. I'll be rearranging furniture when I get home.

heading to Cranberry to drop off bottles and pick up some wine at the wife's aunt and uncle in 7 Fields. Then home ot rack the wines. It felt good to sleep in and not worry about Sandy taking the roof off...

Hubby and I are off to one of our local brew stores - he wants one of the holiday ale kits and I have an empty 6 gallon primary staring me in the face. Thinking of starting a VH black currant 3 gallon batch. later today I'll be starting a coffee wine and another batch of jalapeño.

Finished my wine room complete with AC and 2 new Vadai barrels. Of course now I have to go to a convention for 8 days so I can't play until I get back. Bummer!
See pics

100_1251.jpg

100_1250.jpg

100_1253.jpg

100_1252.jpg

I had to rack and of course sample ten batches of California wines started in late August. They are coming along pretty good! Tomorrow I will work on the Pennsylvania and New York wines I have running.

Had a few friends over last night and had requests for "tastings". Off to the basement we went, thief in hand. Tried the CC Sterling Syrah and Merlot as well as the Red Mtn Trio and Orange Chocolate Port. Good reviews all around, but I was shocked at how big a hit the port was. It'll get bottled this week, and I can already see several being given away.

Sandy is starting to Get all wound up here in Central PA, so my husband and I started a batch of Coffee Wine and Tropical Skeeter Pee, and racked a batch of Dragon's blood while we still have power.

Sandy is starting to Get all wound up here in Central PA, so my husband and I started a batch of Coffee Wine and Tropical Skeeter Pee, and racked a batch of Dragon's blood while we still have power.

I love it when someone knows exactly what needs to be done in a crisis!

Sitting at work this lovely wet day. I have a feeling it will be a busy fire department night once it starts to get ugly here. Anticipating pumping basements and running alot of wires down calls.

Thanks Dan. It's set up for a dirty area by the sink and clean area on the opposite wall. When the HW heater goes out I'm getting a tankless and utilizing the space. The sink is great but a little crowded. Wish I had space for a double ..but oh well. Also if I had the funds I would have bought the 304 SS tables. The metabisulfites rust the top if any of it is under a carboy or bottle and it sits for a while. Anyway i'm in Orlando until Friday. Then I get to prep the barrels and put those batches of Amarone and Pinot noir under the table into the barrels.
i am pumped!!!

Getting some heavy rain here and heavier winds. Calls are starting to come in the the surounding areas. A glass of wine would be really good but I know as soon as I pour it, the pager will go off.

Also if I had the funds I would have bought the 304 SS tables. The metabisulfites rust the top if any of it is under a carboy or bottle and it sits for a while. QUOTE]
Now I know for sure I've got the exact same table. But still for the price it was a great buy. I use mine as a lab table and not for the carboys.

Picked up my California juice bucket today. It is Alexander and sons Merlot. Never read anything about it but it is only juice I can get from LHBS so will give it a shot. My first juice bucket. I pitched Lavlin K1-V1116 on advice from LHBS and added some American Oak. Juice tasted great and starting SG was 1.095.

Giving the budget changes I intend to propose this evening one last look over prior to tonight's council budget meeting. Dec 2013 won't come soon enough.

Going to see my newest grandchild! Baby Perry was born last night at 11:16 PM weighing in at 8 lbs and is 20.5" long. He and mom are both doing fine!

Back