What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you could start selling firewood to get some truck money. :D

Right now that firewood is my only source of heat! Still saving for a furnace for the new house. It was a foreclosed house and the previous owner took the furnace. Just when I thought I had enough money I found out we also now have to have the chimney lined due to new codes! :slp:po

Started a batch of Barolo, Rosso Grande and Tango.
Racked a batch of Pinot Noir for ageing.
Prepped my new Vadai barrels. Can't wait to use them!!!!

Dan,
Thanks for the info,
I sent an email to L'Uva Bella at 10 pm tonight figuring that I'd ear back on Monday at the earliest....not 5 mins later I received an email from Frank, the President at L'uva Bella, very impressive!
Tom

Dan,
Thanks for the info,
I sent an email to L'Uva Bella at 10 pm tonight figuring that I'd ear back on Monday at the earliest....not 5 mins later I received an email from Frank, the President at L'uva Bella, very impressive!
Tom

Frank is an awesome guy, very friendly. LuvaBella will have juice buckets until the end of December.

Doug, be in no hurry with the Fredonia. It is very full bodied and heavy in solids. The color is magnificent. It will take plenty of rackings and cold stabilization and filtering.

I only used 25% in a batch of wine after a year of aging and I'm dumping the bottles back into carboys due to sediment. I even filtered with a .45 filter. The flavor and color though are awesome.

Definately not in a hurry. Have nothing but time but I wanted to get the first racking in after being transferred to the carboys so I could get them off the heavy lees. I'm figuring at this point it can drop all the sediment it wants and will go through winter before anything is even considered being done with them. I'll rotatate the carboys to the cellar stair once the temps start to drop for cold stabilization. That seemed to work well in the past. Outdoors but under cover.

Going to start pressing the pears here shortly. Curious as to the yield, they have been frozen for close to a month now.

Hating that it is dark out now when I get out of work!! I guess I'll just have to open up the wine earlier to make up for it :D

Got up, pressed the pears. Open Carried my XD45 to my polling station, placed my vote, went clothes shopping for my baby girl, had lunch with my wife, stopped and bought 30 raffle tickets for an AR15 and went to the park to play for an hour. Now I'm getting ready for budget meetings this evening.

No picture . . . it didn't happen. :gb

Not at the polling place right now, but here it is....Julie can vouch, I generally carry everywhere I'm legally able to......Remember, when seconds count, police are minutes away...

Will be OC to the budget meeting as well. LOL I can't recall Texas law, are you permitted to OC in the state?

IMAG0187.jpg

Last edited:
We aren't allowed to do that in CT. Concealed carry only for handguns and you need a permit to carry concealed.

Doug is right he always carries and that is his right, Pa has an open carry law. Not that Doug flaunts.

you need a permit for concealed weapon and my husband and I both have our permits to carry concealed and that doesn't mean we carry all the time. And I would be shocked if Doug came on and said he did not have his concealed weapon permit, lol.

Doug is right he always carries and that is his right, Pa has an open carry law. Not that Doug flaunts.

you need a permit for concealed weapon and my husband and I both have our permits to carry concealed and that doesn't mean we carry all the time. And I would be shocked if Doug came on and said he did not have his concealed weapon permit, lol.

Actually Julie, its a LTCF- license to carry firearms. In Pa it is required to carry concealed, transport loaded in a vehicle, or carry in a city of the first class('ncealed or not). Pa only has one city of the first class and that is Philadelphia. I'm not saying Philadelphia is a first class cit though. As Julie stated, PA is an open carry state. I will legally carry whether open or concealed whereever I can. Yes I have a LTCF.

Hey folks, we should stop here before it gets ugly and somebody gets mad.

No politics - this is a WINE forum.

Thank you Bob.

And yes, anymore comments and I will start deleting.

Now how about that wine?

Latest posts

Back