What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preparing to crush and press tomorrow. Between Thursday and Friday we will press 35 tons of Niagara. Let the harvest begin. Our plans were to start next Tuesday but after going out in the vinyards and testing yesterday we saw the grapes are calling the shots! Everything is coming about and fast!

Sounds like there may be some juice the middle of Sept when we are in the area. Might have to swing by with some buckets.

So i did some investigating, and the reason i think the plumber is coming back for another visit is because now the hot water tank is leaking.

And i've gotta caulk that top-floor bathroom.... Along with the rest of the house :)

All i wanna do, is make a batch of wine :d

Hot water tank got fixed the day after my last "house post".. The tree guys showed up yesterday and made a mess of my backyard again so i get to clean that all up again :)

And today i get to make that batch of wine i was whining about - ask and ye shall receive? its a bit friggin early for me! :) cant have everything i want though can i?

Cutting up 55lbs of peaches today because i was too tired to to it last night after dragging branches & wood, and raking the mess up for 1.5 hours after they were gone

They did some free landscaping in the fron t yard though.. Tore out all the 20-30year old bushes that were overgrown, underwatered, in the wrong spots (not enough sun for some).. So i get to amend the soil this winter and plant whatever-the-hell-i-want next spring

Poor friggin Wade tho - he bought his house a month before us, we've just about been in our house a month already, and he's still tryin to get in the damn thing... Take a break man, you're making me feel tired and i was already running on E, 5 weeks ago ( @ 25 yrs old :) )

Edit: I can tell fall/winter is coming.. I have the itch to buy some wine/grape chemistry books & start learning again

Last edited:
Doug consider getting enough to blend. The Niagara/Concord and Catawba/Fredonia are awesome blends everyone likes. You can do trails to see what percentage of each you like and I can give you an idea of what I use.

Doug consider getting enough to blend. The Niagara/Concord and Catawba/Fredonia are awesome blends everyone likes. You can do trails to see what percentage of each you like and I can give you an idea of what I use.

Sounds like a plan. I did a concord/catawba last year that was really good. Wish I would have done more. I'm considering whether to get juice from Luva or just make a couple trips to NorthEast Pa and get local juice this fall.

hmm... racking 6 gallons of peach,6 gallons of black cherry,6 gallons of leibfrumilch and 2-1 gallon batches of mead.
canning stew tomatoes from the garden busy day:)

Just walked down into the strip district and picked up 20 lemons and 20 limes. I see some zesting over the weekend in preparation for lemoncello and limecello.

Just had an amazing dinner at "Otto" in NYC. I had a Barolo and an Alicante (Grenache as I later learned) along with simple olives and prociutto and escarole pizza! The wine list is insane!

After watching my beloved Vols whip up on NC State last night, the day has finally arrived. It is bottling day!!!!!! 100 bottles have been soaking for 4 days now. The labels should simply fall off. (Hopefully).

Been going to High School Class Reunions all weekend (where my wife won the "Least Changed" after 30 years and I got favorable reviews on my wines which I gave away to classmates). Now to meet Doug and exchange glass jugs and return the daughter to college.

Last edited:
Been nursing a nasty cold all weekend. But today I was able to muster up enough motivation to put foils and labels on my Vino Italiano Cabernet Sauvignon and rack my CC Sterling CA Syrah into secondary.

just finnished cleaning my seahorse tank its a big job but pretty when its done:) living corals in living color........
IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

The tank looks awesome!!!! Saltwater tanks are so cool looking, the wife has recently graduated from a 10 gallon to 40 gallon freshwater tank never thought I'd like them that much but seems I do

The tank looks awesome!!!! Saltwater tanks are so cool looking, the wife has recently graduated from a 10 gallon to 40 gallon freshwater tank never thought I'd like them that much but seems I do

your wife's natural progression will be saltwater next then she will move into live corals.... he he he......I started with cichlids years ago and see what happened!

OMG Cindy it's beautiful. I had a 70 gal tank of cichlids years ago. I spent more money on feeder goldfish (1 gross weekly) a week then I did on two 80 pound dogs at the time.

started a batch of blackberry wine mixed in with the few grapes I was able to get off my vine this year. About 19 pounds of grapes. Last year had almost 70 pounds. Between the early heat, big frost and then drought more or less finished the grapes off. No apples or cherries this year at all.
Bought 5 gallons of apple cider, to make some hard cider..:p

Wow, that is beautiful cindy! Going out at around 10 tonight to fish through the night/morning for Striped Bass and Bluefish. Ill be wading out about 1/2 mile in the water in a reef area with a friend.

Latest posts

Back