What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a book by Bob that I have to read. And I believe that I'll be up your way next week on my way to Buffalo.

Making my very first batch of muscadine juice!!! Those little boogers are hard to smash!!!! I see a food processor being purchased in the future for the next batch!!! :D

Making my very first batch of muscadine juice!!! Those little boogers are hard to smash!!!! I see a food processor being purchased in the future for the next batch!!! :D

just be careful that you do not crush the seed

No worries on the seed crushing!! I was lucky to get the grapes crushed!! Lol. I did get 10 quarts of tasty juice though. Well worth the effort!!! :D

Next year, it will be made from my own grapes!!!

No worries on the seed crushing!! I was lucky to get the grapes crushed!! Lol. I did get 10 quarts of tasty juice though. Well worth the effort!!! :D

Next year, it will be made from my own grapes!!!

LOL, yea I hear ya. You are going to love this wine, it has it's own distinctive taste that is just great. Since the juice is so strong it can take some watering down but I would not water it down anymore than is necessary. Take an acid reading and adjust by that.

Finally moving starting tonight and sadly Im by myself this time as it seems likes I picked a great weekend to do it! All the great guys who helped me move my wifes aunt are very busy and on top of that I guess this is the big weekend for college kids to move as it sems I got one of the last trucks in the state! Going to cost md about an extra $40 just because of how far I have yo ho to pick up and drop off the truck! LOL I always pick great times for everything! Cant wait to not have to take care of 2 houses and 2 lawns. Soon Ill be able yo rekax and get back on here with you guys.

Finally moving starting tonight and sadly Im by myself this time as it seems likes I picked a great weekend to do it! All the great guys who helped me move my wifes aunt are very busy and on top of that I guess this is the big weekend for college kids to move as it sems I got one of the last trucks in the state! Going to cost md about an extra $40 just because of how far I have yo ho to pick up and drop off the truck! LOL I always pick great times for everything! Cant wait to not have to take care of 2 houses and 2 lawns. Soon Ill be able yo rekax and get back on here with you guys.

Good luck with the move Wade. If I were closer, I'd offer to help out.

Julie said:
LOL, yea I hear ya. You are going to love this wine, it has it's own distinctive taste that is just great. Since the juice is so strong it can take some watering down but I would not water it down anymore than is necessary. Take an acid reading and adjust by that.

I didn't add any water to the juice this time other than at first for cooking the grapes. It is a little strong, but still delicious!!

Great news Wade! I cant lift anything over 25# and very limited driving ( 15miles) tops

Great news Wade! I cant lift anything over 25# and very limited driving ( 15miles) tops

Tom,

Winemaker made a post in regard to allegery medicine and you know how these posts go, we always branch off. Anyway one thing led to another and Grapeman posted about a guy having Prostate cancer and nothing worked, was given so many weeks to live. Guy started taking some red wine, putting it under his tongue, holding it for 10 seconds and started to take apple seed extract. I immediately thought of you. I'm thinking you need to try this.

Doing the transfer on my new truck (95 Silverado) first thing in the morning then heading down to Luva Bellas for CA Juice.
When are you going to be there? I am going there also. I will buy lunch! maybe sample a few of thier wines, get a nice cheese plate and a couple pizzas! What do you think?
Phil

Phil, I would love to see you there. I going to AAA in Meadville at 8:30 for probably 30 minutes than hitting the road. I just got an email from Ruth saying the bridge is out on US Rt 224, so Ill probably take I-90 to 680 in youngstown then down to 224. I'll come in from the East instead of the west. Probably about an hour drive, so I'm thinking 10-10:30.

I will be there about same time. Thier website says they open at 11:00. Stick around, I will be there! Lunch is on me!

Thinking of trading my trusty truck in for a late 70s model CJ-5. The dealer is asking way too much for it though. Considering that it has a ripped seat and missing a few other cosmetic items.

Started moving today as i got posession of the acreage. Will post some pics once we get settled.

Went to Kent Ohio (Kent State) to empty the nest :( :(
Came right from Kent to play in a hockey tournament, Band's playing for the tournament tomorrow (I also have 2 games), then Surgery on Wednesday. I didn't think all this would be so freaking hard :slp
but I think waving good by to my daughter was the toughest!!!! It's just my wife and i now.......bitter sweet for sure!

Sounds good will try.
Keep in mind i have Advanced 4th stage Prostate Cancer

Tom,

Winemaker made a post in regard to allegery medicine and you know how these posts go, we always branch off. Anyway one thing led to another and Grapeman posted about a guy having Prostate cancer and nothing worked, was given so many weeks to live. Guy started taking some red wine, putting it under his tongue, holding it for 10 seconds and started to take apple seed extract. I immediately thought of you. I'm thinking you need to try this.

Latest posts

Back