What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. If you look on the bottom of the lid, there is a band that can be removed to make getting the kid off a lot easier. It should have a tab that you can pull and it should just peal off from the bottom. After that, you don't need the tool anymore. You can just pry it up with your hands fairly easy and cuss free. Lol. I do have animals. No small children. Just big kids that can't keep their hands to theirselves. Thank you for the advice!! Greatly appreciated!!! :D

Muahahaha!! Well I finally got moved into the new place and working on the wine room!! Cleared some Skeeter Pee ;) so taking a breather to scan for some recipes on my next creation!!

Mow 2 yards, went to the pool, stared at my batch of SP for a few minutes, and now off to work a graveyard shift!

Sweating. A lot. Like many out there recently. Heat index approached 115 today.

working today in Bowling Green Ohio (a scant 4 hour drive from home), but I was able to toss some pectic enzyme into my peach last night in hopes of clearing the haze. Tomorrow, off to NJ for 4 days...

Bottled my Rubio blend of Valpolicella and Rosso Fortussimo. Its backsweetened with 4 ounces of cane syrup to 5 gallons.

Back from holidays and started packing. Bought a couple acre acreage. Moving end of the next month. Grape vines, here I come! :h

working today in Bowling Green Ohio (a scant 4 hour drive from home), but I was able to toss some pectic enzyme into my peach last night in hopes of clearing the haze. Tomorrow, off to NJ for 4 days...

I have had good results with peach using first bentenite followed by sparkolliod.

Peptic enzime has never worked for me.

Worked graveyard last night. Mowed the yard when I got home. Went to softball practice. And now I'm waiting for sleep to arrive. It has been a loooooooooong 36 hours. I'm getting too old for this crap.

Racked my CC Sterling Merlot to secondary. Pitched yeast on my peach wine. Welcomed cooler temps this evening. :h

"Welcomed cooler temps this evening."

Amen to that, Boatboy! It was in the low 90's here today and actually felt cool compared to recent days.

Dan, what is your method for removing labels?

Saturday a bad storm went through and had no power from early afternoon till morning Sunday. But did managed to bottle the Blackberry Merlot. The Catawba got racked, filtered and back sweetened. And did manage to delabeled 3 cases of bottles. Used a razer bladed window scraper. Then soak and scour pad.

I ordered my first solar system today, it's a small 500watt two panel array but we will be setting it up do live displays. The first one will be Washington Co fair, so if everything works out we should have a live system on display and it will feature a cool little thing that lets you get on the net and see a live feed of exactly how much each panel in the array is producing, well we thought is was cool as heck. So if anyone will be around "Worshington" during the fair we would love to see you and explain how solar could work for you.

Delabeled and cleaned a total of 24 cases of bottles this weekend.

Geez Dan, I have 9 cases sitting down in the basement I havent gotten too and felt like things were backing up! I get sick of doing 5 or 6 cases at a time, never mind 24! It must have taken you all weekend.

Geez Dan, I have 9 cases sitting down in the basement I havent gotten too and felt like things were backing up! I get sick of doing 5 or 6 cases at a time, never mind 24! It must have taken you all weekend.

I did three more tonight and have four left to do yet. This is all from a haul a few weeks ago and I just decide I wasn't going to quit until they were done. I still have about 30 other cases from before sitting waiting to get done.

Sorry all, havent been able to be on here much, new house fixing it up before we move inn here much. Besides my standard forty at normal work Im been putting in 4-5 hours a night during the week and 10 hours a day on weekends fixing up the new house before we move in. I usu\ally dont even have the ambition to fire up the computer after taking a shower and eating. I do still manage to sneak out once a week Friday or Saturday night to do some Striper fishing though despite typically getting skunked as the water has warmed up to fast this year so they are staying out in the deep waters!

Latest posts

Back