What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racked and stabilized my peach. racked, degassed and oaked my CC Sterling Merlot.

Also went to church, cut the lawn, and applied a fungicide, then cooked some steaks along with a grilled veg medley - zukes, tomatoes, onions and peppers from my garden and/or my neighbor's garden. Whew! Long day. I can't wait to get back to work so I can get some rest. :D

Well, finally bottled a Glad Hatter Chardonnay I've had bulk aging a month! LoL! We bottled our Red Pee, and I racked and Degassed a Shiraz. Only thing left to do is bottle a Zin/Shiraz blend.. But that'll have to wait 2 weeks..

Also we did a family brunch, spent 4hrs on the road picking up my trailer from the lake lot for a much needed cleaning and I even managed to sneak in a 30 minute nap.. Looks like a win for today!

Night all!!

I just got an email from one of my local Cincinnati suppliers. It's grape/juice order time again! :hug

It's our fire department's 2nd Annual Poker run, we'll be leaving Crafton at 11:00 for a 100 mile ride. The good thing this year, we will be going past one of the patches of elderberries that were not quite ripe last weekend so I'll be able to check on them and enjoy the ride as well.

Tomorrow I'll be picking off the primary elderberry bush in the morning. Hoping for 15 more lbs..

Making beer. Doing a 1 gallon IPA from Brooklyn Brewing. Grain is steeping as I type.

Making beer. Doing a 1 gallon IPA from Brooklyn Brewing. Grain is steeping as I type.

That sounds good! I just tapped an APA last night that I made. It didn't take long for a neighbor to spot me on the front porch with a solo cup and come over for taste testing.

Mike, if you get a chance go to 21 brix winery on rt20 in Portland NY. You'll love it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure we will make it that far north as we are staying in Lakewood, near Jamestown, at the southern tip of the lake. But I'll try.

My wife and I visited a small winery in Goshen, about 30min north of me last night. Gateway Cellars Winery Very nice place. I was shocked that the owner (Larry) told me that they have been there for about 6 years now! Who Knew? I probably drove right by them hundreds of times and the only thing that caught my eye on this trip was a small banner that said FREE WINE TASTINGS.
I think we will need to visit more often

Taking the little man to see WWE!! You should've seen his face when he found out where we were going. Priceless!!!!

My wife and I visited a small winery in Goshen, about 30min north of me last night. Gateway Cellars Winery Very nice place. I was shocked that the owner (Larry) told me that they have been there for about 6 years now! Who Knew? I probably drove right by them hundreds of times and the only thing that caught my eye on this trip was a small banner that said FREE WINE TASTINGS.
I think we will need to visit more often

I've heard about it and keep trying to find time to go there when we are in town visiting. My wife is from Elkhart.

Bike run today went well, I think the weather scared alot of people off. Only had 26 riders, Oh well, better luck next year. We rode through some pretty severe thunder storms. The last batch while returning home had lots of pretty lightning associated with it. We all endured. I won one of the gift baskets, it contained a case of Miller Light and about $200 in gift certificates for various places in Crafton. Can't complain about that, spent 5 on 50/50, 5 on this basket and 10 on the basket that had the Porter cable cordless drill and inpact gun. I think I made out better. After the Bike Run, the family and I met up with Hokapsig (Bill) and his wife to pick up some 375 ml bottles. Scored a botte of his Tempranill which we promptly came home and opened while we sate on the porch and enjoyed an relaxing evening.

Thanks again Bill. I'll keep you posted on the other bottles.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure we will make it that far north as we are staying in Lakewood, near Jamestown, at the southern tip of the lake. But I'll try.
Watch the cops up there. Don't go over the 35mph speed limit as they are hiding out all of the time. Have fun!

Started 3 batches of Skeeter Pee, met up with ffemt128 (doug) and family to exchange bottles and his Muscadine (and an Elderberry!). Working in DC tomorrow, so it's gonna be a long week.

Put in 14 hours of electrical work today so that tomorrow I can finish that on the new house as Tuesday the new cabinets come in and Ill be ready for them. Man this house is a freakin nightmare to do anything on. I struggled snaking the wires up some of these walls today so bad, curse words were heard around 33 of the nearby states!!!!

Latest posts

Back