What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes make my own dough and we had friends over. Cook with the lid down, roughly 400 degrees.

I love those cast iron pizza pans, they are heavy but oh do they cook nice in. Check out Lakeside Collections.

Amazon has a mess of cast iron pizza pans as well as a bunch of pizza stones for the grill.

Take a look at this one. Looks like it would be perfect for my 22" Webber charcoal grill. I use pecan on top of a charcoal base for the ultimate in smoke flavor. :sm

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom how do you like your propane "smoker"? Can it cook "low and slow"? Do you need a special expensive make of wood chip?

love it cause its BIG
Has 4 shelves that is bigger than a cookie sheet. I cooked 3 "boston butts" on one shelf for 18 hours.
I use any kind wood chips or chunks.

Yes Low and Slow cooks best

Packing up the 5'er for a weekend trip to East Harbor State Park. It's an Ohio park that is on Lake Erie. We'll take a ferry and do a day trip to one of the small islands (Put-In-Bay). There's also a small winery there. :b

Running free SO2 test on my CC Showcase Chardonnay in preparation for bottling this weekend. Not very exciting but needs to be done.

Dropped a line in the sound for awhile but wasnt really good timing wi9th the tide just coming in but ts better then sitting at home.

Packing up the 5'er for a weekend trip to East Harbor State Park. It's an Ohio park that is on Lake Erie. We'll take a ferry and do a day trip to one of the small islands (Put-In-Bay). There's also a small winery there. :b

Mike, have a nice weekend, I hope the weather holds out for you.

Thanks, Dan. Looks a little iffy, but we should get a couple of good days out of it.

Yep, 3 salt water poles and 2 fresh water poles. Each set up for something different though except the salt water baitcaster. That one I just really dont like much but will use it as a second pole when I take someone else fishing and let them use the standard spinning reel which most of the time will be set up for snagging Bunker. And yes Im pretty hooked on fishing right now. Its my big get away from work and working on or around the house.

I wish Pa would get on board with the sport fishing license deal. Md & Del. both have it i pay md 50.00 per year and anyone on board my boat can fish. Half of my problem is getting someone to go with me to fish and most don't want to waste the money to buy a license that they will only use once or so. At least the Chesapeake Bay is only bout 45 min from my house!

Today is Itsuko's & my 43rd anniversary. We are going to Shea's Theater tonight to see Jerry Seinfeld. Last night we were just loafing around watching TV and I remembered that it was our anniversary today and Itsuko asked if I got her a card because she didn't get one. I said no, we're good. I just dug a card out and and put it on her chair in the living room. I win. :D

:b

Latest posts

Back