What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. It isn't often we get picked for such a fun project. We're usually fabricating guards for machines or something that's equally boring.

That is a great opportunity. Something to remember a long time. Are you sure it has to go back?????

That is a great opportunity. Something to remember a long time. Are you sure it has to go back?????

Oh the original went back about two weeks after we got it. I am curious to what it's actual value is being made out of sterling silver. I'm sure more than it cost them for us to make two of the 15' replicas.

Heading down to the local wine supply shop. I was going to complain about the 3" of soft fluffy snow we got, added with salt is making the interstates real greasy. But I thank God thats all I have to deal with compared to Wade, Rich, Al, Tom and the rest of you along the east coast and in New England!
So far our winter has been pretty average here. Hope you get a break to dig out this weekend and clear off your roofs if you need to do so. And Ibglowin, I hope a snake bites you in the *ss. LOL kidding
snowplow5sj.gif

Adding water and sugar to my thawed tropical fruit will check sg and add more sugar later if needed. Later this morning I'll be heading to my son's hang some drywall and maybe frame a closet for him.

CC Rosso Fortussimo cuvee, I'm going to:
Stir like crazy
add Sorbate
stir again
add Kmeta
Stir more
Add Hungarian Oak cubes (why now? Why while clearing for only 20 days?)
Add Kieselsol
Stir more
Wait one hour? (I never done this with other kits, first CC kit)
add Chitosan
Yep, stir a bunch more.
Wait three hours (really?) and stir again.

Feel free to comment if you modify CC instructions.

Bwahahahahahaha......

I think I'll put the top down on the 2S000, work on my tan, make a run to Santa fe, Pick up a few things at Whole Paycheck and Trader Joe's. Need to pack tonight as I am headed out to Palm Springs, CA (High 76 today) for 4 days. Work related scientific (automation) conference (lots of robots Dan!)

Bless me Father Al, for I will be sitting out by the pool in the afternoons sipping on something with ice and maybe one of those little umbrellas.

Perhaps hitting the greens if I can squeeze in a round..........

Ah the life of a hard working chemist!:D

And Ibglowin, I hope a snake bites you in the *ss. LOL kidding

Started a 5 gallon batch of candy cane wine today. Other than that, I am working really hard to avoid the "You know what you could do today" question. As if I needed an event planner to decide what I do today!:fsh

I have to rack three different wines butcher a deer this weekend last one for the season put chicken wire around my wifes crabapple to protect from rabbits should be a full day

Stopped on my way to work and picked up 2 bottles of Real Lemon Juice for my blueberry/pomegranate slurry. also grabbed a bottle of blueberry juice, figure ill toss that in too! Also got a bottle of apple syrup to experiment with.

Well today I took the oranges out of the freezer for my orange wine to start tonight and started the 3rd batch of skeeter and will pitch my strawberry slurry starter tomorrow.. Yummmmm.. I am about to rack my strawberry one more time and start ageing it. I have also done a couple of those hunny do list things..

How many oranges what size batch you making? Wife bought a case from a kid at school and i got a case from the lions club so we got way too many oranges. What recipe you using?

How many oranges what size batch you making? Wife bought a case from a kid at school and i got a case from the lions club so we got way too many oranges. What recipe you using?

Hey Sly I used about 30 oranges and I am using 2 large cans of OJ concentrate and then will probably backsweeten with another can. I posted my recipe in the area for it but I'll be darned if I can find it there. I can PM you it if you want it..

My wife actually got up last night and hid the snacking grapes! I told her that the strawberry chocolate was done in primary and getting moved to secondary today. That Bucket will be used for 3 gallons of skeeter pee right away, but have nothing else lined up. She hid the grapes, oranges, ect. Only the onions and green apples where left on the counter. Waiting for her to tie a bottle of sorbate around the kids neck so I quit playing with him.:se

My wife actually got up last night and hid the snacking grapes! I told her that the strawberry chocolate was done in primary and getting moved to secondary today. That Bucket will be used for 3 gallons of skeeter pee right away, but have nothing else lined up. She hid the grapes, oranges, ect. Only the onions and green apples where left on the counter. Waiting for her to tie a bottle of sorbate around the kids neck so I quit playing with him.:se

Do the green apples!!! That would be a great wine

At the soon to be brother in law's house. Going to do our internet radio show at ten pm est.
Tomorrow I'm seeing my mom. Then sometime next week my wine kit from George should arrive. This time it's an amarone.

Back