What other hobbies do you have?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZippoGeek

Junior
Reaction score
Self-explanatory title!

I'm big into radio-control aircraft. Not exactly a good pilot (I average one gruesome crash per year :slp) But it's great fun anyway.

Gardening, playing in a community orchestra, pickling and canning, and coming up with wild decorating ideas.

knitting, crochet, off-roading in our jeep and like Dralarms, researching my family tree.

Julie, do you have full access to research materials? I don't yet. I signed up for a site and paid the fees but then found out that I have to pay another 120 bucks for a year to unlock some stuff I need access to.

Rayway, which instrument do you play? I'm gong to guess cello. I enjoy listening to orchestra's.

Hey Dan, I did try cello while I was pregnant and really enjoyed it - but my instrument is bass trombone.

Since many people have never heard of it, here's a side by side comparison of a regular (tenor) trombone, and a bass (double trigger) trombone. There is also a single trigger model - but bass is where it's at! It has extra sets of tubing and can go much lower than a regular trombone into the tuba-style range.

download.jpg

btrom.jpg

football, football, football... Comes September everyone around me knows I am somewhat available on Saturdays and not available starting 1pm on Sunday till January. Redzone channel is the best.

I like gardening and cooking (mostly Italian). Still have an interest in Classic Cars, but I am not currently in nor do I have plans to re-enter that hobby. I was into pre-WWII models and I am beginning to think that the time has past for those cars, at least for the amateur collector.

I really involved with the Boy Scouts , fishing (time available), and of course WINE MAKING ! Well it started as a hobby and now its more like an obsession - LOL :D

I have a classic corvette that I like to tinker with and go to cruise ins. I am fortunate to live on a small lake in Alabama and a larger lake in Northeast florida that i like boating on. Tryiing to maintain both takes up a good bit of time.A lot of my time is spent making sure we see our granddaughters in Florida. And I am a Nascar fan.

Car restoration....my last three
47cb545a9768334020893cd1698fe76c.jpg

sideposte.jpg

9DF41C41-373C-4A2B-A09C-577C189098ED-2453-000003282991D406.jpg

I've got entirely too many hobbies.

I read a ridiculous amount of books.
I also make soap, crochet, knit, and garden.

Manthing and I just spent a large portion of our day building a chicken run. We will be getting some chickens in a couple of weeks.

I used to hike and kayak a lot when I lived in Colorado. Unfortunately, Texas doesn't have much public land and none at all within an easy driving distance.

Funny you should ask,

For a number of years, I have been vacationing by taking classes at the John C. Campbell folk art school in NC.

I found that blacksmithing was a great release, but really found that I liked wood turning.

Just a couple of weekends ago, I was looking at a rather nice lathe that was on sale. When I looked into more, I needed to spend about 2,500 for the lathe, gouges, chucks, and all the other stuff I would need.

Then I said to myself, "that's all I need, another hobby that costs me thousands."

I slowly walked out of the store with both my wallet and my marriage in tact.

Other than the all consuming passion of winemaking, I like to cook.

I golf, Garden (veggies & hostas only), I gather & read comic books (I would say collect, but they are not worth anything).
Video game on rare occasions, play drums (kit and hand, but gave up gigging years ago).

But playing in the yard with the kids is what I tend to do most of the time.

Latest posts

Back