What are you making and what have you made ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Primary:
Mixed Berry Mead 1 gallon
Ginger Beer 5 Gallon

Secondary:
Nothing

Bottled:
JOA Mead 1 Gallon
Shriaz (Grapes form the Swan valley in Western Australia)
hoegaarden (similar recipe)

Learning Experience:
Mint and Lime Wine (Tipped it out):n

Last edited:
12 gallons of Elderberry, which I'm not real happy with.

don't give up on the elderberry. it ages very well. even if this batch wasn't the greatest. elderberry makes a good wine, IMO. i always try wines a few times before i make much conclusions on whether they were good or bad. unless, like the basil wines i made, you just don't need much or want any. lol

I'm giving my elderberry time and I'll try another bottle soon. It's going on a year now.
Problem is that between buying a cheap Merlot or Shiraz and the other wines I've made, I just can't get a day to open a bottle of my elderberry.
This year, I'll make more and back sweeten it some, which I didn't do with the first batch.
But then I made it before I found this wonderful site with the lunatic's that reside here.
And if all else fails,,, and I continue to not to like it, I have this copper monster that will not think twice about eating it up.

But then I made it before I found this wonderful site with the lunatic's that reside here.
And if all else fails,,, and I continue to not to like it, I have this copper monster that will not think twice about eating it up.

Lunatic's you must be talking about Tom:):):):) The rest of us are normal:r

When I present my Life resume, there are few things that I haven't been able to include on it, even though, those who know me really well will testify to.
Crazy is one of them. I look forward to at least some short time commited. But then, they will never let me out if the get me inside the padded room.
Some of the ideas I've had always get the same response from my youngest daughter,,,
"Dad, it only takes three signatures to have you commited. Mom and I make two!"

Could you amagine the group of us in there together. It would be like "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" LOL I wonder what we would have going on in the lab and green houses?

Yeah thats what happens when you get to be our age. First the mind goes and then it begins to wander. BUT at least we didn't hit the "B" button for Proctor and Gamble

I'm up there too Tom and sometimes it's "What's that word????? Ahhhhhhhh, you know that thing.....yeah"

Hey I may have alzheimers but at least I don't have alzheimers.

Well yesterday I started a Apple, Kiwi, Strawberry.
Today I racked my Plum I started 10 days ago

Hey Tom,

Was your apple, strawberry, and kiwifruit mixed together or did you make three different wines??? I have a hell of a alot of kiwifruit coming my way soon, was wondering what your success for kiwifruit wines are? I tried one when i first started and I tipped it out.. :c haha

no, was from frozen concentrate. I did makw a Kiwi Strawberry from fresh fruit. It came out GREAT

Kind Gallons
Skeeter Pee 5
Riesling SunCal 5
Sparkling Hard Raspberry & Apple Cider 1
Blueberry Oregon Canned 1
Lambrusco SunCal 5
Blueberry Oregon Canned & Pomegranate Blueberry Juice 1
Blueberry Oregon Canned & Apple Juice 1
Pineapple Deli Fruit & Dole Juice 1
Apricot Vintners Harvest & Apple Juice 5
Raspberry Oregon Canned 1
Boysenberry Oregon Canned 1
Chenin Blanc 5
Hard Raspberry & Apple Cider 1
Cherry Door County & Apple Juice 3
Cranberry Apple Juice 1
Peach - Vintners Harvest 5

Hey Coach how sugar did you use to make your apple cider sparkling I was going to that to mine but couldn't find the amount of sugar to add .
This week I started
- Orchard breezin - Black Cherry Pinot Noir
- Island Mist Pomegranate Zinfandel

Has anyone done the Black Cherry pinot noir ? Does it have a real red wine taste to it ?

scrubbing bottles this week.. finally bottling the cider and wondering what to do next.

I've got a lot of tinned lychees in the cupboard.. I think it's time to give lychee a go.

Allie

Back