What are you making and what have you made ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started my wine making process in Fall 09. I bought a new house that came along with a few concord vines. When the grapes arrived I thought about making jam, but since the old man who used to live there was a free spirited nudist :< , we went for the more crazy of the ideas and started making wine!

Ready to be bottled:
1 gal concord grape (from new house)

Carboys:
5 gal pumpkin (from local roadside stand)
5 gal apple (from local roadside stand)

Primary:
6 gal mead (from our honey bees!)

Wanting to try:
A LOT... blueberry, strawberry, raspberry being the top 3.

*Just bought 50 grape vines so in 3 years we will have some more grape wines started! :db

So since he was "free spirited" I guess your place didnt come with a washer and dryer....:)
What are you planting and what will be the name of your vineyard?

We are planting chardonnay, cabernet franc, concord, riesling, merlot and pinot gris. About 8 plants of each.

I cant decide on a name yet. I have a few in mind, but don't know if they are taken or how to even find out. How do you register a vineyard? Do you register by state?

So far this year

In fermentation:
Cru Select 6 week California Pinot Noir
Cru Select 6 week Ehrenfelser

In secondary:
1 gallon of Nanking Cherry/Crabapple (from my own garden)
1 gallon of Rhubarb/Strawberry (from neighbors garden)

and my pride and joy, from my own vineyard:
1 gallon of Valiant grapes (also in secondary)

OH MY!! there are a bunch of very productive people on this forum. and creative too. Im working on my first batch of good apple wine I would like to raise the bar for myself. but wow you all are impressive.

Started my wine making process in Fall 09. I bought a new house that came along with a few concord vines. When the grapes arrived I thought about making jam, but since the old man who used to live there was a free spirited nudist :< , we went for the more crazy of the ideas and started making wine!

Ready to be bottled:
1 gal concord grape (from new house)

Carboys:
5 gal pumpkin (from local roadside stand)
5 gal apple (from local roadside stand)

Primary:
6 gal mead (from our honey bees!)

Wanting to try:
A LOT... blueberry, strawberry, raspberry being the top 3.

*Just bought 50 grape vines so in 3 years we will have some more grape wines started! :db

I envy you, Jrock! Here in Fla, we only have muscadine. Univ. of Fla just came out with a 'bunch' strain of muscadines but I am sure nurseries won't have any to sell for at least 1-2 years!

OH MY!! there are a bunch of very productive people on this forum. and creative too. Im working on my first batch of good apple wine I would like to raise the bar for myself. but wow you all are impressive.

Don't be afraid to separate a couple gallons of that apple and add a couple cinnamon sticks, if you are planning to keep it dry. You will be very pleasantly surprised!

I planted muscat grapes in spring.. they are very happy!

won't be getting any fruit for a couple of years til they are established.. but very happy with their growth.

currently juicing pears and apples for cider and perry,
doing a blend this year.. perry is far too sweet on its own.

Allie

Ok I'll play along. It is very addicting for sure. I just started making wine about 4 months or so ago.

On now
strawberry\chocolate port - 3 gallon(wades)
cranberry\pomegranate - 5 gallon
apfelwein #2 - 5 gallon (edwort)
carrot - 1 gallon (jack keller)
banana - 2 gallon (jack keller)
blueberry\acai - 1 gallon
concord grape mead - 3 gallon

Made,Bottled, or Drank
apfelwein #1
welches niagara white grape
welches concord grape mead
blackberry
peach
strawberry

On Deck
rose petal

Got 1 gallon of strawberry wine going, started a skeeter pee tonight, got a cabernet about to put into a carboy, and a chardonnay about ready to bottle

I got the rasberry white zinfandel bottled today .Was going to start a new batch but that will have to wait until tomorrow .

I have really learned a lot this year; especially since joining this website. The support really helps! Winemaking seems so simple but is deceptively complicated.

I just started some Blackberry this morning (from berries I froze last fall).

I'm almost done some dry and sweet Plum wine which seems to be taking a bit to settle out to clear.

In bottles:
Elderflower (delicious!)
Elderberrry (thanks to the timely advise from you all)
Strawberry
Strawberry/Lime
Black Cherry (dry and sweet)
Red Current
Red Clover
Crab Apple
Apple

It has been a long, cold and snowy winter. I'm really looking forward to seeing the first dandelion blossoms! I am going to try making some dandelion wine this year. Anyone have a really good recipe they would like to share??

I suppose I can add what I've made to the list now that I have a couple of kits under my belt.
Me and & Kat have been making wine since October 2009.
Wine - In Order Made

Bottled--

WE Bergamais - 23 liter
Orchard Breezin' Bluberry Shiraz - 23 liter
RJS Malbec - 23 liters
Mosti FTG Sauvingon Blanc - 23 liters

Bulk Aging --

Fresh Fruit Apple - 23 liters
Welches White Grape Grapefruit Peach - 1 gallon
Grand Cru Pinot Gris

On Deck--

None

Primary--

Dandelion - about 2 gallons

Secondary--
Grand Cru Barolo - 23 liters

BEER

On Deck--

Nothing

Bottled/Kegged--

American Cream Ale

Last edited:
I suppose I can add what I've made to the list now that I have a couple of kits under my belt.
In Order:
Bottled--
WE Bergamais - 23 liter
RJS Malbec - 23 liters
Bulk Aging --
Mosti Sauvingon Blanc - 23 liters
On Deck--
Grand Cru Pinot Gris

Sounds like you have been busy. You started the same time I did.

In Order:
Bottled--
WE Bergamais - 23 liter
RJS Malbec - 23 liters
Bulk Aging --
Mosti Sauvingon Blanc - 23 liters
On Deck--
Grand Cru Pinot Gris

Dan,
How did you like the Orchard Breezin kit? That's what I'm making now, and it's my first attempt.
Thanks
Doug_2

The orchard breezin kits are light, and thin. They are along the lines of a wine cooler.
Quick and easy to drink. Best served cold.

I'm pretty new at this. I've had the Winexpert Mezza Luna white bulk aging for about a month now. I want to bottle it but I still need about four or five more bottles.

I'm also making the Washington Riesling right now.

I'm pretty excited about the ML white. I tasted some last week and it's pretty good.

I added some new ones to my list sparkling wine, skeeter pee and one from scratch with juices .

Latest posts

Back