Wester PA'ers May 2011 Gathering

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't take any. That's supposed to be Dan's job and he didn't show up. Oh well, what happened at Doug's, stays at Doug's.

Didn't think about the pictures even though have a great new camera app for my iphone. Everyone was having tooo much fun & enjoying the food & wine..... Thanks again Doug & Olesia for hosting a fun day. A lot of wine making information was also exchanged, have some new ideas on what kinds to make next! Cranberry Skeeter-Pee with Lime has to be very high on the list.

Al

Had a great time, I took a few pics. I'll post them up later. Good to see everyone. Drank alot of wine. Too much wine after everyone left. Still alot of half empty bottles to finish in the weeks to come.

Gettine Andrea some breakfast then the 2 of us are going to go fishing. She's looking forward to it.

Thanks again to Doug and Olesia for all the work they did to make yesterday a great time. I kept a good distance from my wife so as not to get in trouble for breaking out the cran-lime skeeter pee. The evil eyes were enough. Just gonna have to make another batch asap!

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful folks close by that we can get together and share ideas and wine. Always look forward to them.

Sadly we missed Dan and his wife. Have to give him a dbl. hug next time we see him.

Thanks again to Doug and Olesia for all the work they did to make yesterday a great time. I kept a good distance from my wife so as not to get in trouble for breaking out the cran-lime skeeter pee. The evil eyes were enough. Just gonna have to make another batch asap!

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful folks close by that we can get together and share ideas and wine. Always look forward to them.

Sadly we missed Dan and his wife. Have to give him a dbl. hug next time we see him.

Group Hug, :hug

Steve, you should have started that batch last night when you got home. Just remember what that t-shirt says.

I think what I liked the best was hanging out around the island in the kitchen while we all exchanged wine stories.

I think what I liked the best was hanging out around the island in the kitchen while we all exchanged wine stories.

No I think it was because that's where all the wine was. Wine stories were everywhere. Olesia even offered for all of us to go outside but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everyone couldn't leave as Doug kept opening bottle after bottle. Poor guy probably has carpul hand today. How's he gonna cast that rod when he's fishing.

I did go outside and apparently according to Andrea "I'm IT!"

Looked like a nice spread. Where's the rest of the wine? I see Bueford eating again in the first picture.

There was alot more wine open. It was interesting to compare Julie and My Red Muscadine to a commercial winery's Red Muscadine. The commercial seem to be weak in both body and flavor. We also sampled Steve's Noble and my Noble. Neither were lacking anything. I have 16 partial bottles of wine on the table still and I carried about 8 empties downstairs. As far as leftover food, I think we have enough for a week or longer.

Wish I would have taken more pictures.

Last edited:

Yes, I did forget to mention that Steve's Cranberry Lime was wonderful. Totally blew my batch away. He had more lime flavor which really made it stand out. I guess I'll be getting some limes and serving with a lime wedge.

Back