Wester PA'ers May 2011 Gathering

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who may have a possibly of coming, please post up and let us know. Daisy, Almargita, anyone else local to Pgh or even Redtrk in Ohio. Let us know. Need to start getting a count for food to get ready.'

SO far I know for sure of;

Julie and Mike
Mike (Flem) and wife
Steve and Marilyn
My Son and Sammi (It's her birthday)
Myself and My darling wife Olesia
Possibly 2 friends of ours and their Spouses (don't make wine but like to drink it)
A co-owner of Northwest EMS (old boss and good friend who's father makes wine)

Please chime in. If you need directions or address, let me know and I will provide.

Hoping for a good turnout.

Just returned last night from a 10 days in Las Vegas & the West Coast, wonderful time. I was typing this message a few minutes ago & the mail disappeared??? So if it appears twice you will know why?? Any way plane flight from Las Vegas took 4 hours & it took 2 1/2 hours to get our luggage!! Thought we had a modern luggage system??
Found Dougs email with his address, just need to know the approx time to get together tomorrow...... Will be there with my wife Helen..... Starting to pack a case or two of my wine for the swap. Interesting that in California, did not find any Wine that was any better that any of the ones we currently make here!! Even tried some 2 buck Chuck from Trader Joes, wasn't the finest but wasn't bad for the price.
Looking forward to see you all tomorrow.....
AL

Looking forward to it ourselves as well. I have a pineapple awaiting bottling tonight or probably early tomorrow. I'll bring some if you folks can curb your enthusiasm for a month and let it relax.

I have some others as well to share too. See you tomorrow.

Looking forward to it ourselves as well. I have a pineapple awaiting bottling tonight or probably early tomorrow. I'll bring some if you folks can curb your enthusiasm for a month and let it relax.

I have some others as well to share too. See you tomorrow.

Sorry I am going to miss this one. Hope you guys can make it next week.

Dan,

Sorry you won't be here. I'll save my last bottle of Chilean Pinot Grigio and bring it on the 4th. You do realize that is 2 days after my B-day. May look into getting a room for the night up there.

Anyone show is coming my number is 412-889-1105 if you need directions or an address. The house next door to mine is for sale and I have permission to use their driveway. Feel free to park in either thier driveway or mine if it is open and also no problem with blocking the driveways. We can always move for friends.

I noticed a few newer members from this area recently. You are welcome as well. This isn't an exclusive club. Dave (pittspur) in the North HillS, where have you been? Daisy, Are you coming?

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. The white wines are chilling and the reds are on the counter.

Last edited:
HA HA Doug you got more class than I do! I put out plastic wine glasses from the party shop. The advantage is you can throw them away but they are also quiet a bit smaller also. That means less waste and people are willing to try more wines as their glass empties more often. Have fun everyone!

HA HA Doug you got more class than I do! I put out plastic wine glasses from the party shop. The advantage is you can throw them away but they are also quiet a bit smaller also. That means less waste and people are willing to try more wines as their glass empties more often. Have fun everyone!

Dan,

They are 7 oz glasses. Pat Catans has them for $1.97 each so it's no real loss if they get broke and the dish washer does wonders on cleaning them. A few of the one's we had at home we acid etched.

Sorry you can't be here.

Just finished planting more Impatients, Peppers & Tomatoes & Cukes I started from seed so they get the rain that promised. My daughter kept them watered while we were on the west coast & they all looks great. The trunk is loaded with wine for the swap, so we will be leaving shortly..... Sorry you can't make it Dan, I'll taste a glass or two for you......

Al

Everyone is planting...Dang It's been raining here for two days and predicting to stay on several more. The ground is saturated, creeks swollen and someone south of us is going to get flooded out.

Just got back from Doug's party, what an awesome time! When we left, Helen was trying to teach the parrot dirty words, and I told her go ahead cuz we were blaming Steve for anytihng that was wrong anyway.

A lot of great wines...... sorry Marilyn that Steve snuck in that Cranberry/lime skeeter pee but that is some good stuff but remember he said he will make you some more! :db

Thanks to Doug and Olesia for a great get-together. Barbra and I had a great time. It was also good to see Julie, Mike, Steve, Marilyn, Al and Helen. The food and wine were great; the friendship was better. :hug

Back