Wester PA'ers 2011 Get Together

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There may not be any Noble Muscadine for distribution on Saturday unless I take it from the top of the carboy and rack into 1 3 gallon and a 1 gallon. I checked it this morning and I dropped some fine sediment and some crystals since last racking. I racked off the fine sediment on my lunch break. Very good IMHO.

Doug wouldn't it make more sense to just rack it off into 3 one gallon jugs and just pass those out? :sm

I would leave it alone and not touch it until its ready.

BTW which of you gave me the Niagra when I was over there? Vicki and I LOVED it and would like the recipe! :br

Flem,

Probably looking at the second weekend in July.

Just got back from Steve's. What a great time, thanks Steve for having this. And hope you enjoyed your birthday cake. :)

Got home about an hour or so ago. Had a great time and it's aways great to spend time with friends. Thanks to Steve and Marilyn for hosting today's gathering.

Steve thanks to you and Marilyn for being such wonderful hosts. I reached in my pocket and found a pair of pink p...oh never mind I left them under the kitchen table.

IMG_20110312_180634.jpg

Al, Dan, Doug, Julie and steve

IMG_20110312_174035.jpg

Steve entertaining Doug's Daughter and future daughter inlaw.

IMG_20110312_173217.jpg

Al, Mikez, Mike (Julie's Husband), Doug, Marilyn(Steve's Wife and hostess), and Julie

IMG_20110312_161009.jpg

Doug is making room for the other half of the wine to fit on counter.

I was just about to bust your chops and say thats all the wine there is when i finished reading that!!!!! hehehehe Nice spread of wine and food y'all!

There was another six or so cases for swapping and Steve had a help yourself to his wine cellar (seriously). There was no shortage of food to eat, beverages to drink or wine to take home.

I reached in my pocket and found a pair of pink p...oh never mind I left them under the kitchen table.

Those were mine. Glad you left them as they are my favorite pair. Hope Julie gets all the masking tape off of her from the bondage demostration.

Thank you everyone for attending. Marilyn and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as Doug's daughter. She wore me out. I believe I'm still "IT"! Very appreciative of all the food I told everyone not to bring. It all worked out well.

Glad I now have some room for some more bottles of wine.

Thanks for today Steve! It was great fun to taste everyone's creations. So much good food and wine. Mike's beer was awesome! I couldn't get enough of the venison jerky. It was nice meeting everyone.

Wow! Thanks again Steve & Marilyn for hosting a great get together!! Tasted a lot of really nice wines & have ideas on making some new ones. Dan, quick work on putting the pictures up. As you can see, there was a large selection of different wines from the pictures.
I didn't even change the clocks ahead last night after getting home, just laid on the sofa & that was it!! Out like a light!!
Thawing out the blueberry/Pom cans to start new wine this morning, washing off some labels from bottles, re downloading new Maps again for my Garmin GPS as something isn't working right! It couldn't find Steves house yesterday & was giving me an error! Looks like a busy day.....
Also thanks to everyone for the big wine swap, Difficult in selecting who's to try first......
Al:tz

IMG_20110312_161009.jpg

Doug is making room for the other half of the wine to fit on counter.

What you do not see is the cases of wine everyone brought to share. It was a huge variety. We even did a taste sample of one of my candy cane wines. Not much peppermint. Probably best to back sweeten and add extract. Still experimenting. Have time until Christmas.

It is great to have such wonderful folks to be able to share ideas and answer questions regarding wine making. It makes this hobby even better. Very happy we were available to have everyone over.

Latest posts

Back