Wester PA'ers 2011 Get Together

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okeedoakee, 2 weeks away from the party. Those that will be attending PM me with your e mail address and I'll send you directions. We are in the South Hills of Pittsburgh and easy to find.

I found some extra wine glasses so we should be good for all the sampleing. Again I'll have food here and you need only bring your smiles.

Thanks

Currently here's who I have attending.

Dan and his wife
Julie and Mike
Doug and his wife and lil one
Al and his wife
My step daughter and her husband (new beer maker)

Plus a few others possibly. Should know for sure next week or first of following week. There are some other Pittsburgh folks but haven't seen them on here recently.

Let me know and I'll keep you posted.

Looks like a decent list so far. We'll have to figure out your availability so Olesia and I can plan one end of April/May timeframe at our place.

We'll bring a cheese and pepperoni tray along with various wines. It't the least we can contribute to the get together. Looking forward to a good time.

Yea the forecast looks good and we are busy preparing the facility for all. Just bottled my pineapple skeeter pee and I'll chill some in advance.

Well Guys and Gals, we're only 3 days til the big shin dig at Steves. Here's what I have that I can bring. I'll leave it up to those attending to decide and then I'll see if I that's actually what gets brought. Availaible at 6 mths old are the following whites, I have personally tried all and I enjoy them as does my beautiful wife.

Chablis, Malvasia Blanc, and Johanessburg Reisling.

At 5 months I have

Spiced Apple (one of my favorites), and 3 varieties of Muscadine.

Almost a year: Cab Franc and Chianti. May save the chianti since I have some promised out already.

It's hell not having a stock that has properly aged.

Can we also get a rough count again. I believe 6 forum members and spouses plus 2 adult children...?

Steve, I have Marilyn's request set aside already.

We are just about ready. I finally finished washing all of my bottles and packing them up. They sure can accumulate quick. I put security tags on all the wine after I heard about Julie raiding Dan's cellar. We'll keep an eye or two on her.

Going to have plenty of food and snacks and I have several versions of skeeter pee chilling. Looking forward to an enjoyable evening.

Yes. I'm going to pick up a box of wine for you.:):tz:)

Thank you. You're da partier

P1030387.jpg

Oh how I wish I could make this one but I can't. Too much stuff going on here this weekend or I would head on over. :(

Have fun!

Oh Steve, you may think you have your wine cellar secured but I have already taken steps..........:h

Not sure what wine I am bringing but I'll bring a box full.

Oh how I wish I could make this one but I can't. Too much stuff going on here this weekend or I would head on over. :(

Have fun!

Well, I will probably have the annual get together this July. Try and plan on coming to that one.

Oh Steve, you may think you have your wine cellar secured but I have already taken steps..........:h

Julie forget it. I don't think it's going to be difficult to get to his wine. You see, knowing Marilyn the way we do all the good stuff has been removed from the premises.

ALRIGHT THAT DOES IT. WE ARE INSTITUTING SOME HIGH LEVEL SECURITY MEASURES AROUND HERE.

I thought bringing Titan over would be enough but if you feed him a carrot and rub his belly he'll help you pack the bottles and carry them to your car.

Marilyn and I are heading out to get the worlds largest safe and installing it tonight. All the bottles will be lo-jacked for tracking purposes as well as a moat in front of the wine room.

Better bring a ladder if you want to trek across that one.

Rick we'll miss ya but there will be penty more parties as soon as it warms and drys up. Lots of flooding around my area and roads closed.

I think I'll wait for a warm one anyway so I can make a bike trip out of it. Thanks!

Looks like some nasty weather in the offing. Hopefully, it will clear out before Saturday. Have fun and BE SAFE!!!:rn

ALRIGHT THAT DOES IT. WE ARE INSTITUTING SOME HIGH LEVEL SECURITY MEASURES AROUND HERE.

I thought bringing Titan over would be enough but if you feed him a carrot and rub his belly he'll help you pack the bottles and carry them to your car.

Marilyn and I are heading out to get the worlds largest safe and installing it tonight. All the bottles will be lo-jacked for tracking purposes as well as a moat in front of the wine room.

Better bring a ladder if you want to trek across that one.

Now Steve that dosen't sound very hospitable...... Wheres the love....:hug:hug:hug

Latest posts

Back