welch's frozen grape concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO..I was expecting a response back from Julie first! They do not really have carboys. But they do sell cut glass and have real nice wine glasses for a price!

LOL, you would have called or emailed that deal!

I think after that teaser you should sell me some carboys for 10 bucks each. LOL!!! :tz

I have another question about the welches red grape I added tannin to it should I have not done that? Do you think it will be real bitter when done? I guess the only thing to do is just let it go and see what happens!

I have another question about the welches red grape I added tannin to it should I have not done that? Do you think it will be real bitter when done? I guess the only thing to do is just let it go and see what happens!

I'm not sure if you should have or if you should have not but it's done so let itgo and see what happens. Are you going to backsweeten this? If so you can stabilize your wine (sulphite and sorbate) let it sit for a few days and use another can of the same concentrate as a backsweetener. If it is too bitter, this would help hold the flavor, sweetening and tone down the bitterness.

Getting back to the topic. When baking soda reacts with any acid, salts are produced as a byproduct. These salts will change the taste of your welch's (perhaps for the worse).

I know some people will never call and ask for the aforementioned letter, so i called Welch's CS, left a VM, and they sent me the following email:

Thank you for contacting Welch's.

The fruit acids in grape juice are primarily made up of 50% tartaric and 50% malic acids. The total amount can range from 0.4 to 0.7% by weight. (Citrus juices, orange and grapefruit for example, are primarily citric acid and ranges from 0.6 to 1.0% by weight.)

Welch’s fruit drinks and cocktails contain some naturally occurring fruit acid from the fruit used to make the products. They also have some fruit acid added, generally citric acid, which ranges from 0.25 to 0.6%. The information in the ingredient statement on the label will always be accurate for the product and will help identify the type that has been added. Cranberry drinks and cocktails contain quinic acid in addition to malic and citric acids. The range is from 0.5 to 0.6% by weight.

In summary, the fruit acid levels in all Welch’s fruit juices, drinks and cocktails range from 0.25% to 1.0% and consist primarily of citric, malic and tartaric acids, or a combination of these. This amount would equate to approximately 0.6 to 1.6 grams of fruit acids in an 8 oz. serving. There is no uric acid in Welch’s products. In all instances we recommend checking with your physician to be certain the products are suitable for your personal needs.

Please watch your mail for a letter from Welch’s.

Marie

They sent me coupons in the mail. Whoo-hoo!

Sounds like Walkers I got Niagria , blackberry , cranberry. Cranberry was hot packed and i have to wait for a carboy to open up . Like going there

Back