WineXpert WE Wine Kit With Grape Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
I just purchased a We kit with grapes from a company that charged 3 times the shipping that George does. I only ordered it because Fine Wines does not stock WE. Who has the best price on WE AND SHIPPING?

Doug at Beer and Wine Supply has good prices with $9.99 shipping. My only concern with Doug is that his inventory continues to diminish and his selection is minimal. It would be much easier to buy from Doug if he had some of the more popular items like VR Mezza Luna, or Selection Luna Rosa, or Selection Montepulciano, etc. Maybe he can special order for you but, I know, that is not really convenient. At any rate, give him a try. Don't get me wrong, Doug provides great service. I don't mean to slap him. My only request is a wider inventory.

Midwest Supply has a $5.99 shipping sale going today only. Check it out.

Last edited:
Brew and wine supply's prices for WE Eclipse kits with shipping are better than I can buy in most places WITHOUT shipping.

I just purchased a We kit with grapes from a company that charged 3 times the shipping that George does. I only ordered it because Fine Wines does not stock WE. Who has the best price on WE AND SHIPPING?

Just noticed your location states you are in Costa Rica. That would probably affect any shipping from the states. Are there LHBS in Costa Rica?

Try the WE Eclipse for sale on Ebay....

I only looked at the Barolo, but buying from Brew and Wine, it's $1 less than buying on Ebay. Ebay lists 159.99, with free shipping. Doug (Brew and Wine Supply) charges 148.99, plus $10 to ship to me in VA flat rate.

I never thought to look on Ebay for kits though. Thanks. There are some deals there.

Wiz
Try Winemakersdepot.com, there shipping prices are close to Georges. Living in Alaska I also get taken to the cleaners on shipping. All those companies great flat rate shipping prices do not apply to Alaska. I am interested in any supplier that can ship to me at a reasonable cost. All the good shipping prices listed above are good for he lower 48 states only. I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Kevin

Doug at Beer and Wine Supply has good prices with $9.99 shipping. My only concern with Doug is that his inventory continues to diminish and his selection is minimal. It would be much easier to buy from Doug if he had some of the more popular items like VR Mezza Luna, or Selection Luna Rosa, or Selection Montepulciano, etc. Maybe he can special order for you but, I know, that is not really convenient. At any rate, give him a try. Don't get me wrong, Doug provides great service. I don't mean to slap him. My only request is a wider inventory.

Try the WE Eclipse series on Ebay. They have free shipping and charge a tad more than Doug on the kit.

Its not so much as the inventory is minimal, just that I don't have everything posted on the web site. With all the fresh fruit coming in things have gotten busy where I would rather spend time filling orders and waiting on customers than sit at the computer entering stuff. I have a pile of papers sitting next to the computer of items I need to get entered. all in due time.
I love special orders!!! I place orders with my suppliers about every two to three weeks so the wait won't be long. Let me know what you are looking for! it takes nothing more to order in the kit you want than to order anything else for stock.
And hey, if my prices are close, e-mail me or PM me or even call me, I'll see what I can do to get and keep your business and keep you happy!

I just got an email with Eclipse kits for $99.95/$109.95 and Winery Kits for $99.95 plus a whole bunch of other cheap pricing. I'm sure many of you probably got the same email form the guys in Florida.

I'm ordering tonight.

I just got an email with Eclipse kits for $99.95/$109.95 and Winery Kits for $99.95 plus a whole bunch of other cheap pricing. I'm sure many of you probably got the same email form the guys in Florida.

I'm ordering tonight.

Todd, would you like to share what guys in Florida?

I tried posting a link yesterday but the system doesn't like it I guess. Anyway just google southern homebrew

I have read very mixed reviews on them. No personal experience, only what I've read.

Tax! Who charges tax on wine kits? southern homebrew doesn't. A company called wine making super store did at one time and I refuse to do any business with them because they were charging tax. They probably pocketed it as profit. Not a nice company to charge tax on non-taxable items. This was before I knew better.

I've read the same reviews about southern homebrew and quite frankly I don't believe everything I read especially on the interwebnet thing (unless you're dating a French model - har har). All I know is they treat me and some friends the right way. I went Doug's site as I'm always looking to save money but I don't see any savings. I selected an Eclipse kit (148.99), with the Labor Day discount plus UPS shipping to NJ came to a total of 165.20. Even with the $10 shipping it would still cost me 141.11 which is slightly more than southern homebrew for me. I've done business with southern homebrew and they always have the item in stock so it ain't broke and I'm not going to fix it.

I was just thinking. I'm going to email Doug and ask if he'll match pricing plus his $10 shipping. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to. I'll email him Tuesday and let all of you know. That would certainly be a deal.

Enjoy the weekend.

Last edited:
USA_WineMaker;447476 I was just thinking. I'm going to email Doug and ask if he'll [B said:
match pricing plus his $10 shipping. [/B]I don't see why he wouldn't be able to. I'll email him Tuesday and let all of you know. That would certainly be a deal.

Enjoy the weekend.
Hmmmm I could probably could do that ;) Been thinking of something like that for a while.
Did not see and e mail.
BTW, only tax charged is for MO residents only.

Last edited:
Back