WineXpert WE Symphony

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im pretty sure that I hold quite a few records on this forum like # of posts!
smiley2.gif

Thanks Northern Winos, I look forward to getting home from work to see how the clearing has progressed each day.

You dont think its going to be done in 8 days do you? I think SuperKleer is 1 of the only fining agents that will be done that quick, I think but dont know that Sparkaloid is in the same boat.

not even close,i say at least 3 weeks on its own or more and 2 weeks with supperkleer for sure still a lot of haze in there if i"am seeing write,no matter it will taste great when its done of this I'am sure
smiley20.gif

Actually, both of you are dead on about the clearing. It is somewhat cloudy this morning yet. Will post a picture later this afternoon. The instructions says to rack it off the lees after 8 days and that the wine will be quite clear. The next racking will brilliantly polish it. It says to leave for another 14 to 21 days before bottling. So, it would be ok then to add the k-meta now and bulk age for 2-3 months?

Dont rack until it is clear or youll be racking off sediment again and introducing more O2 then needed. Give it time, W.E. kits seem to take longer to clear then any other wines in my opinion, I believe its because of the fining agents they use but they do work.

This is the 8th day of 8 for the clearing. Wade, I can just leave it clear for another couple weeks before I transfer to another carboy and add the k-meta for aging then?

20080217_175102_100_0664_Small.jpg

Yes, keep the temp up around 70 to as that will help the fining agent work also.

Thanks for the advice Wade. We'll make sure we keep the temp up also. It has been staying around 68* to 70*.

This is a picture of the 10th day clearing. Has changed considerably in the last couple of days. Hope the picture does the wine justice. Temp has been staying 69*-70*.

20080219_175819_100_0668_Small.jpg

This is day 13 now. Looks really clear except for the bottom 1 inch or so.

20080222_184258_100_0670_Small.jpg

This is the 16th day of clearing. Looks good.

20080226_151831_100_0673_Small.jpg

This is Day 1, right after we added the packets and stirred. What a difference.

20080226_152052_100_0643_Small.jpg

I remember making this kit and was concerned a little by the color in the carboy!

Latest posts

Back