WineXpert WE Symphony

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smiley1.gif
HI GUYS,ITS BEEN ONE MONTH SINCE I MADE THE ASTI,TO NIGHT I'LL TRY IT AND LET THE BOTH OF YOU KNOW IF IT HELD ITS FIZZ OR NOT,I DO KNOW ,EVERY THING NEEDS TO BE COLD,THATS A FACT IF NOT, NO S02 SATURATION,THE MORE THE PRESSURE ABOUT 55LBS,THE BETTER THE SPARKLE,MOST DOMESTIC WINE MFG. USE THIS PROCESS,BECAUSE IT HAS VERY LITTLE BERRING ON THE WINES TRUE FLAVOR THATS ALREADY SET AT THE FINISH,AT LEAST THATS ' HOW I SEE IT,IF YOU CAN GET THE EQUIPMENT AND ALL THE GEAR FOR IT AT THOSE PRICES THAN WITHOUT A DOUGHT DO IT,ITS JUST ANOTHER MEASURE OF A WINE MAKERS PLEASURE TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT,AND THATS WHAT ITS REALLY ALL ABOUT ISN'T IT?
smiley2.gif

Did you use a carbonation stone as Ive read and heard that it works better.

We added all the contents this afternoon and stirred for about 10 minutes with Dewalt and mix-stir. Had only a slight mini volcano. Sure hope it clears up well. The instructions had us mix all the sediment up with the packets also. Here are a couple of pictures. The second one is with clothes on because the carboy was embarrassed.

20080209_152325_100_0643_Small.jpg

I have to figure out how to put multiple pictures in the same post. Sorry!

20080209_152745_100_0644_Small.jpg

WADE WE USED A METHOD OUT OF A BOOK,THATS ALL I KNOW THE WAY I FIGURE IT, IF YOU CAN USE BOTH METHODS THAN ALL THE BETTER ,I"AM STICKING TO THIS UNTIL I WORK OUT THE LITTLE BUGS I HAVE ,DON'T KNOW WHAT THE STONE IS?BUTWOULD LIKETO FIND OUT?LET YOU KNOW LATER HOW IT TASTE THATS ALL THAT MATTERS,THE REASON IS I CAN CONTROL THE FLOW OF TEMP. ALL YEAR LONG THROUGHT REFIGERATION,AND THATS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING///HVACR///LET YOU KNOW ,ALSO GOOD TO SEE YOUR IN THE EXCHANGE GOT SO GOOD STUFF TO SHARE
smiley20.gif
YOURS JP

Edited by: joeswine

It's been a while since I have read anything on the stone, but I believe it is just like to air stones in a fish tank. It suppose to do a slower release of the CO2 Gas versus having the liquid CO2, or Dry Ice come in contact with the fruit wine. Again, thats what I recall, there may be more to it than that.

Whats HVACR. I Know HVAC, but whats the R?

A carbonation stone releases the CO@ at the bottom of the tank in very
tiny bubbles instead of on top of the wine and helps the wine or beer
take more of the CO2 into it.
<table id="Table1" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="650"><t><tr><td valign="top"><table id="Table2" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><t><tr><td valign="top" width="60%"><table id="Table3" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><t><tr><td valign="top"><table id="tblProductDetails" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="product_bold" align="right" width="35%">Price:</td>
<td align="left" width="65%">$34.95</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="product_bold" align="right" width="35%">Availability:</td>
<td align="left" width="65%">Usually ships in 24-48 hours</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="product_bold" align="right" width="35%">Catalog Nbr:</td>
<td align="left" width="65%">5263 </span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="product_bold" align="right" width="35%">Ship Weight:</td>
<td align="left" width="65%">.25 </span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="product_bold" align="right" width="35%">
</td>
<td align="left" width="65%">< name="item" value="a-3025^5263^Carbonating Stone with 1/4&quot; MFL Thread^$34.95^op2^^^ea^.25^" =""><table><t><tr>< ="http://www.cart.com/sc/cart.cgi" method="post"></><td>Qty: < name="op2" size="3" value="1" maxlength="3" ="if ((.keyCode < 48) || (.keyCode > 57)) event.returnValue = false;" type="text"></td></tr><tr><td>< name="nvadd" ="http://www.midwestsupplies.com/s/Cart%20s/addtocart.gif" alt="Add To Cart" border="0" =""></td></tr><tr><td>Price: $34.95</td></tr></t></table></span></td>
</tr>

</t></table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
</tr>
</t></table>
</td>
<td align="left" valign="middle" width="40%">
<table id="Table4" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="2" width="300">
<t><tr>
<td> </span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>

</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
</span>
</td>
</tr>
</t></table>
</td>
</tr>
</t></table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<hr color="#009900" size="1" width="100%">
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Product Description:</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Carbonating
Stone with 1/4" MFL Thread: Carbonate your beer just like the pros.
This stone has a MFL thread, so you can screw it into a compression
fitting that you can affix to a long dip tube installed on the gas side
of the Cornelius keg. Alternatively, you can clamp one end of a tube
onto the short, gas dip tube and clamp a barbed swivel nut on the other
end. This Carbonating Stone will screw directly into that barbed swivel
nut. Set your regulator to about 2 psi, and the gas will be forced
through the millions of tiny pores in the stone, which dissolves the
gas into the liquid. Carbonates your beer overnight. NOTE: To prevent
the pores from getting clogged, Midwest recommends not handling the
porous end directly with your fingers.</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center" height="15">
</td></tr></t></table>

THANKS WADE ,I'LL LOOK INTO IT, THIS I SOMETHING I'D REALLY WANT TO MASTER THIS SEASON//YOURSJP

This is a picture of our WE Symphony that has been cleaing for approx. 24 hours. Coming along very nice.

20080210_152848_100_0646_Small.jpg

Joe, I really want you to master it also so you can instruct me if my friend ever hooks me up with this set up.

Yes, it sure is interesting to see what it is doing. I was planning on taking pictures through the 8 days and posting them.

wade said:
All I see is an airlock and a carboy handle, is there more?
smiley4.gif
When I was reading this first post I was thinking, "How long will it take for someone to say I can't see anything."

WADE Takes it on the first reply!!!!!

That has to be some kinda record.

Latest posts

Back