WineXpert WE Symphony

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade, the wine bottle to the right has an airlock on it. They can't be the same size as the ones that go in the carboy, correct? What size is that?

Yes they are the same size as goes in a carboy- just a different bung. They make them to into wine bottles and are sized for a standard airlock.
Either #2 or #3 for wine bottles. Check the sizing chart on the resource page.

<TABLE =Catalog id=products borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =table align=default width="2%">
<DIV align=center>4608 </TD>
<TD width="5%">
<DIV align=center>
2228_sm.gif
</TD>
<TD width="20%">

Gum Stopper #2 Drilled Rubber

Sizing Chart located on our Resource page.</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$0.59</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$0.59 </TD>
<TD width="5%">
<DIV align=center>Stocked </TD>
<TD width="15%">

Add to Shopping Cart

Add to Wish List

Shipping Cost Estimate</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =table align=default width="2%">
<DIV align=center>5102 </TD>
<TD width="5%">
<DIV align=center>
2228_sm.gif
</TD>
<TD width="20%">

Gum Stopper #3 Drilled Rubber

Sizing Chart located on our Resource page.</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$0.89</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$0.89 </TD>
<TD width="5%">
<DIV align=center>Stocked </TD>
<TD width="15%">

Add to Shopping Cart

Add to Wish List

Shipping Cost Estimate</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Wade, here is a picture of the carboy after racking. Looks nice and clear, but I don't think as clear as yours is.

20080311_135357_100_0682_Small.jpg

I finished topping this off with the Riesling. Have to get an order together for the Black Current now.

Appleman is correct and I use these for all overage so when i rack I have some for topping up. These come in handy when making country wines and even some of the bigger kits with grape packs and the MM kits seem to run a little over so you may need a 375ml or a 750ml bottle for the extra.

We bottled and labeled our WE Symphony after bulk aging for about 3 1/2 months. Finally did the labels today. The wine taste great already, but will let it stay for some time yet. We will be taking some of it to the cancer walk this weekend to give away. The end of our second wine making adventure.

20080708_140126_100_0727_Small.jpg

Moose, your wine labels are cute and the wine looks clear and delicious!! Good job!
smiley4.gif

I made this kit last year. It's about 13 months old now and it
still needs more time. It seems to be going through a funky stage
right now. Will taste again in 2 months. We almost made
the same labels as you did. Good job.

I too have made this kit awhile back and really havent tried a bottle in quite some time now so its due.

We were going to bring some of this down for the relay for life in Perham, Mn. After talking it over, we are going to wait until July of 2009 to bring this wine with. Thanks for the comments on the labels, my wife made those for my youngest sister who passed away from cancer almost 2 yrs. ago at the age of 44.

Back