waterless airlock

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrussell

Reaction score
there is an ad for a waterless airlock on page 59 of new winemaker magazine. Has anyone used these? Would be nice if they worked but would not want to risk losing a batch of wine if they are iffy. Ron

I use them and have had no problems. I only use them when bulk aging.
VPC

i used four waterless locks on my flex tanks during secondary ferment...and i did worry but it was all for naught....afterwards i used the floating skin....all went well

for my new tanks however i decided against purchasing flex tanks waterless air locks and went to home depot and got a 3/4 inch threaded adapter w a space on the other side to accept a rubber bung w the typical water filled air lock....cost....77 cts each

something in my gut says that a waterless airlock is an accident waiting to happen ..if for instance a fruit fly were to find its way to the point where the ball meets the airlock seat and or a piece of dust were to sit there, then you could have an opening that you would never see

Back