Want to buy a "fixer upper" village?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
A true winemaker normally has the desire or lets say a dream if owning their own vineyards to produce their own wines. While doing a search for Italian wines (my favorite), I came across an interesting classified ad. Most people have a fantasy where they would love to live. Here it is for me. If I did the monetaryconversion right, it can be mine for only a little over $3M USD!

http://orvietocastle.com/

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

You mean thats not yours. By golly thats beautiful, Man what it would
be like to wake up and stroll through a vinetard like that and call it
your own.

Not quite Italy, but I found a little seven acre winery for sale In Mountain Grove Mo. last year. It appears that they have since closed. It definitely set my imagination to work.

Coaster said:
I think it is closer to $6M USD.

Was that price listed in Euros or Lira? It is was Lira, it was 3M plus change, if it is Euro, it was as you said closer to 6M. I didn't know what the monetary symbol meant. It is in Italy so I used Lira. Does Italy even use the Lira anymore?

Smurfe
smiley1.gif
Edited by: smurfe

it's the Euro symbol they're using. I'll be willing to chip in if folks want to get a group together to purchase.

I like the chip in offer. Maybe like a time share vineyard and Estate. I have a couple bucks- how much time would that buy me?
smiley36.gif

Italy switched over to the Euro when it was introduced a few years back. If it was Lira, it wouldn't be $3M (million), but closer to $3K (yep - $3,000). That was the great thing about the Italian Lira - when I traveled there before they converted to the Euro it was the first (hopefully not the last) time that I was able to be a millionaire!

Funky Fish said:
Italy switched over to the Euro when it was introduced a few years back. If it was Lira, it wouldn't be $3M (million), but closer to $3K (yep - $3,000). That was the great thing about the Italian Lira - when I traveled there before they converted to the Euro it was the first (hopefully not the last) time that I was able to be a millionaire!

You know, you are right. I looked at the currency converter again and actually looked at the decimal point. It is $3087.05 Good catch, Guess the Lira was like the Peso.

Smurfe

Oh Smurfe! That's cruel!
smiley19.gif
Here I am, stuck forever on this flat, flat land. I was in Italy briefly in the late 70s and would love to go back. I have $5 to contribute. Anyone else?

Latest posts

Back